advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

On CD...

IMG_3041.jpeg

Trigger Alpert / Absolutely All-star Seven – Trigger Happy! 1957 US mono issue.

The only album bass player Herman "Trigger" Alpert recorded as leader. It's a nice record of small(er) group mainstream/swing with - no surprise - the bass well to the fore.

MTgtNDU3Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Kevin,
there a review of this by Fred Kaplan on the Trackingangle now including info on mikes and placement:
Thanks Jim,

that’s an interesting review and certainly reflects my impression of the record.

Unfortunately the second side has quite a few audible and visible glitches so I’m taking advantage of Amazons return and replace and hoping the second on is better. Fingers are crossed. It’s a record that really deserves a high quality pressing.

The cover says Made in the EU but not where.

Thanks Jim,

that’s an interesting review and certainly reflects my impression of the record.

Unfortunately the second side has quite a few audible and visible glitches so I’m taking advantage of Amazons return and replace and hoping the second on is better. Fingers are crossed. It’s a record that really deserves a high quality pressing.

The cover says Made in the EU but not where.
Kevin,
According to the Trackingangle it’s pressed at Record Industry in the Netherlands. I don’t really have any history on this plants quality. My vinyl copy has just arrived, but no chance now to sin it till tomorrow.

advertisement

Back