advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

Trying to find an answer to whether all the original U.K. releases of this album are direct metal mastered .
I have two copies, both Townhouse, one with DMM in the runout, one without.

Kate Bush – The Sensual World​

Kate Bush - The Sensual World album cover
More images

Label:EMI – EMD 1010, EMI – 7 93078 1
Format:Vinyl, LP, Album
Released:Oct 1989

Listening to the first track now - that's a pretty good group!
I hope you decide to buy it from Bandcamp and push a little cash Marshall’s way. After all, he’s going to need financial support when the bill for this week’s candles comes in.

If you do, I’d be really interested in your thoughts. By the time they got to parts 3 and 4 I was thinking that some bits simply had to be pre-determined. If not, the sudden locking into grooves from free-blowing was other-worldly. You know way more about this kind of thing than I do.

On the other hand it could have been a combination of WKCR keeping me up way past my bedtime (getting on for 1am when it finished) and the 15.5%ABV Argentinian Malbec kicking in.

By the time they got to parts 3 and 4 I was thinking that some bits simply had to be pre-determined. If not, the sudden locking into grooves from free-blowing was other-worldly.
I've seen Hamid and William do this on other occasions and it is astonishing.

I don't really enjoy downloads as much as record and CDs but will have a think about this.

Just listened to an extended interview including a lot of music with Cmat on Cerys Matthews. I do love this artist's music and outlook.
Also listened to Greg Davies on Desert Island Discs, very entertaining and he's a big fan of Yard Act.

I've seen Hamid and William do this on other occasions and it is astonishing.

I don't really enjoy downloads as much as record and CDs but will have a think about this.
In a trio with Wuppertal’s finest, perhaps?

There’s a bloke on Discogs selling the CD for £20 but I didn’t think Marshall would see any cake and jelly money from that.

In a trio with Wuppertal’s finest, perhaps?
Now you've got me wondering if I ever did see that trio...
There’s a bloke on Discogs selling the CD for £20 but I didn’t think Marshall would see any cake and jelly money from that.
I hope Marshall is doing OK. Based on this article from a few years back the royalties might need to go on getting the porch fixed before there's any cash for cake. Intergalactic big bands run on thin margins.

Allan Taylor - All Is One

53748233070_3e1ea5f1d8_c_d.jpg

advertisement

Back