advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

The Be Good Tanya’s - Hello Love, vaguely aware of these but heard a track on Radio Paradise & then a quick click & here we are.

Caoilfhionn Rose, Constellation ( Streaming via Quboz)

I'm currently recovering from a back operation so am streaming far more than usual. I'm hoping to be able to bend down and get records from the rack again before too long!

Streaming is a wonderfully lazy way to enjoy music ;)

a1467439058_65
I've spotted she's playing at a little community arts centre near here later in the year - should really investigate further...

Watched The Jersey Boys (2014) a biographical film /musical based on The Four Seasons.
Then played a load of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons on 7” including the fantastic Northern Soul banger ‘The Night.’

Wife has a cousin who was in the original London production of Jersey Boys which we saw a couple of times, and we saw Frankie Valli in concert a few years ago in Leeds - he was surprisingly good and his register was still high despite being ancient - bearing in mind he is now 90 years old!

Unbelievable amount of hits.

Randy Weston – Highlife. 1990 reissue.

Randy toured Nigeria in 1961, heard highlife for the first time, came back and recorded this absolute belter of a record.

NC02Mzg5LmpwZWc.jpeg

Never been to Goa and danced like a loon for 10 hrs straight?, here’s a small 9min vid of tribalneed doing his stuff

And this is typical of the sunrise that can greet you afterwards, this is us as we wobbled/rode back to our rented cottage on my Enfield after a new year rave at Hilltop nr Anjuna

187608044_7dfa03c1ee_o.jpg

advertisement

Back