advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

Is there two different versions of this album?
Indeed there are. Well three actually.

The Bright-Side Mix version is mixed by Mark ‘Spike’ Stent, and the Dark-Side Mix version by Tchad Blake. These are available together as a 2CD set or as individual 2LP vinyl packages.

A 2CD+blu-ray edition features both stereo mixes on CD and a blu-ray with a Dolby Atmos Mix known as the In-Side Mix which was created by Hans-Martin Buff.

I have the 2CD plus Blu-ray version and so far I am favouring the Bright-Side Mix for eight of the tracks and the Dark-Side for the remainder. I haven't heard the Atmos mix at its best yet as don't have my surround system set up right now (house renovation project has seen that go into storage), but will be interested to listen properly when I can.

2d9664736fbbf29e21b162ac744190b990eb68d7.jpeg

Another bona-fide modern classic

Finishing off with this Irish Traditional album

61mRCW7lxML._SL1050_.jpg

Brendan O’Sullivan - Took a Notion.

Lineup​

Brendan O'Sullivan - Fiddle, Viola, Guitar, Mbira & B/vocals
Mike Glavin - Guitars
Damien Mullane - Accordion
Laurie 'The Hedge' Hedger - Drums, Percussion & Programming
Tony O'Flaherty - Percussion, Keyboard Bass, Programming & B/vocals
Steve Hanks - Sax. ClarinetPercussion, Flutes & Piano
Matt Griffin - Banjo & Guitar
Dan Griffin - Bodhran
Tracy O'Connell - Piano
Sarah Haude - Vocals (Tk.6)
Vyvienne Long - Cello
Graham Watson - Guitar, Darbuka & Bodhran
Ken Edge - Sax
John O'Sullivan - Fiddle
Maire Neville - Harp

.sjb

Paul Barbarin & His Jazz Band / Punch Miller's Bunch & George Lewis – Jazz At Preservation Hall III. Originally issued 1963 as part of a series of four. Late 60s repress.

Plucked from a £1 box last weekend I wasn't sure this would be any good but I'm really enjoying it.

From wiki: Barbarin died on February 17, 1969, while playing snare drums during a Mardi Gras parade. Record producer Al Rose said that his funeral "attracted one of the great mobs in New Orleans funeral history."

My04MTU2LmpwZWc.jpeg

advertisement

Back