Status
Not open for further replies.
NzItMzY5OS5qcGVn.jpeg

Label: Electronic Composers Outlet – ECO1003
Format: CD, Album, Stereo, Digipak
Released: 2019
Genre: Electronic
Style: Ambient, Berlin-School

France Musique la Jazz (as usual.) They are playing a version of McCoy Tyner’s Inner Glimpse by a Japanese band called Soil and Pimp Sessions. It’s good. I see other tracks on the album include My Favourite Things, Silence by Charlie Haden, part of A Love Supreme and Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath. My kind of band. Another for the list.

The KLF - The White Room

20220801-210712.jpg

20220801-210804.jpg

20220801-211714.jpg

Purchased this copy on release and took it to numerous raves and free parties in the 1990s.
Hot and heavy love in the crowd, and on the decks, so lots blemishes.
Oh foolish youth, but just enough wit to try and take care it.
There were many casualties(!), but not this one.
Has one eyebrow raising mark on playing side, but skip free and sounds great.

Public Service Broadcasting : You and Me from their “Every Valley” album, a concept album about the rise and fall of the Welsh coal mining industry and the utter destruction across the communities as the collieries shut down. The rest of the album is a master class to listen to.

France Musique la Jazz (as usual.) They are playing a version of McCoy Tyner’s Inner Glimpse by a Japanese band called Soil and Pimp Sessions. It’s good. I see other tracks on the album include My Favourite Things, Silence by Charlie Haden, part of A Love Supreme and Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath. My kind of band. Another for the list.

Spent new years eve 2005 in Tokyo jigging along to Soil and Pimp. Even got some pictures.

soil-and-pimp.jpg

GUEST_ad4d86ce-ba72-492c-8a46-d0c3cf59e140

Vinyl, Tone Poet reissue.
Featuring Sonny Clark and Kenny Dorham and although it didn’t get a first release till 1984 it was recorded in August 1957 less than a month after Dial S for Sonny I posted above. All though this is in Stereo it has the narrowest soundstage of all the Stereo Tone Poets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back