advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know that someone has written an academic paper inspired, in part, by one of the songs on that album? Hearing histories of Hammer Hill: Pop music as auditory geography
In a way, it's a reflection of his habit of writing from real life. Like the Smiths, who've also made a dent in academia, there are an awful lot of local cultural references in Lekman's songs (Kortedala, the Estrella chips factory, Tram #7, and Hammarkullen, Hammer Hill itself). He's a real storyteller.

BN Classic vinyl - A great sounding session. In terms of SQ, and music, I'm developing a real fondness for the late 1950s BN recordings. And, as a bonus, there's a decent piano sound on this one.

OIP.r9Nloj7Y7MQOQ7bkudIl6QAAAA
Yes it seems on most of these late 50’s RVG mono and early stereo (really two track) have a decent piano sound. It is only when he moved to live stereo mixing and a fold down for mono release that the piano sound deteriorated and became ‘boxy’ with a few exceptions, usually when the pianist was also the session leader.

Did you know that someone has written an academic paper inspired, in part, by one of the songs on that album? Hearing histories of Hammer Hill: Pop music as auditory geography
In a way, it's a reflection of his habit of writing from real life. Like the Smiths, who've also made a dent in academia, there are an awful lot of local cultural references in Lekman's songs (Kortedala, the Estrella chips factory, Tram #7, and Hammarkullen, Hammer Hill itself). He's a real storyteller.

Interesting, I didn’t know that. I get it though, there’s so much lyrical content in his music that can seem throwaway on just a few listens, and easy to miss.

The first few seconds of thumping beats of PF Wembley on Tidal. Enjoying it so far....I've been over the edge for yonks...

Don't mean to hog the thread, but now onto Any Colour You Like and it is really rather good...really enjoying this.

Well bloody hell....that was just superb... think I might have to buy a disc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back