advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
It popped up on my Spotify Release Radar a couple of weeks ago and I was hooked. My default position on Nick's music is No Covers Allowed, but this is in a different league to the usual fawning covers. It's the typical Fontaines energy they bring to the table that makes it such a great cover version, a proper revisit of the original.
I saw it mentioned on Twitter and thought it an unlikely song to cover but it really works - for the energy they've given it, as you say.

s-l500.jpg

I was at the concert this was recorded a decade ago - time flies.

Read the sad news today that Peter has been seriously ill (intensive care) and will be unable to play for the foreseeable future. I hope he recovers his strength soon. An incredible musician - there's no one like him.

NC01MTY4LmpwZWc.jpeg

I enjoyed dicking around with this a while back - loads of fun even on a crap £15 Behringer mixer. I ended up writing a little Max patch to randomly alter channel gain and EQ. I could happily listen to it chat away for hours : )

£18 Phonic mixer here :)
Loads of fun, and still a lot more to explore. Then I'll be looking for ways to actually incorporate it into what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back