advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my most favouritistic of favourites. Bought it when it came out. Saw a laser disc demo in a shop and that was the one they were playing. I heard Alexis Korner plugging it on his BBC radio program. Good man, good taste. Ah! memories. The session musicians are awesome. Saw her in concert in Edinburgh, what a saucy lady.
Worth a read - best pressings.
https://thevinylpress.com/rickie-lee-jones-self-titled/

Coo. This shifts a bit...

All I know about The Peddlers is that it's almost impossible to flick through a record fair £2 box without finding a copy of this compilation. They must have sold gazzilions! Sadly from the bits I've just heard on YouTube it's a bit more sedate than that clip. You can sort of tell by the matching outfits and that they haven't grown their hair out yet.

R-811855-1172056949.jpeg.jpg

All I know about The Peddlers is that it's almost impossible to flick through a record fair £2 box without finding a copy of this compilation. They must have sold gazzilions! Sadly from the bits I've just heard on YouTube it's a bit more sedate than that clip. You can sort of tell by the matching outfits and that they haven't grown their hair out yet.

R-811855-1172056949.jpeg.jpg

Another of my late father's favourite records. It is a little bit 'Prestwich Gas Fitters' Sports and Social Club' but it must have had an impact on my love for all things Hammond.

The drummer went on to bigger and better things like Quantum Jump and this:

Comatonse.000 (aka Terre Thaemlitz/DJ Sprinkles) - Comatonse.000.r3, a collection of her earlier work.

Brian Blade - Brian Blade Fellowship

R-14921075-1584364328-9650.jpeg.jpg

What's your pressing like? I got two from the BN store and they were both very crackly and "swooshy" across all 4 sides. BN gave me a full refund but said to keep the records. I'd like to get a decent one at some point as I really like the music.

£1000 if it's a 1964 original! Sort of hoping Vocalion might do a reissue themselves at some point - their Hum Dono was great (and still available from them for £15).

Sadly, mine is not an original but it’s a very good Japanese pressing from 2006. Think I paid £90 for it in 2014. It does sound great though. I’ve seen a reissue of this in recent years but not sure what the provenance is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back