advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
a97205cf4e833d0a82e457ff0e957415816c2bc2.jpeg

I didn't realise that there was an "official" recording of Skynyrd at Knebworth - is it any good?

I remember being back home with my girlfriend (after the concert)
and listening to to cassette that I had made of "Freebird", lost the tape many years ago but some excellent memories :)

It is fairly good, not far off One from the Road quality. The blue ray is interesting. I remember Ronnie Van Zant throwing his mike stand away and leading the 2 guitarists down to the front of the Rolling Stones tongue at the start of the guitar solos on Freebird.

I always thought it was Collins and Rossington but it was Stevie Gaines. Still epic. It was one hell of a day and if you were there it's worth buying.

swinging all over the place tonight. Can’t find what hits the spot. In a more benign mood I wouldn’t think this self-indulgent drivel ;)

Played this again tonight just to be fair and I was wrong about side one. But side two is still self-indulgent shite is my considered opinion ;)

Listening to World Radio Paradise. No getting up and changing the record or even choosing it:)

Chaps, we are blessed…

Sort of like the above.. but Bless the Weather did it for me and some of his Albums take a while to ingest (barring the Phil Collins period) but fair play to Phil for his attempts with the Big Man.

Ches Smith and We All Break: Path of Seven Colours. Another purchase after exploring the various end of year lists.

It arrived over the weekend via Bandcamp. It's in a beautifully designed box containing the CD, a copy of their 2015 CD and two booklets, one about the music, one about the lyrics.

Enjoying my first few plays.

( apologies for the oversized pic: it was the only one I could find)
a2843785475_16.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back