advertisement

What are you listening to right now #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Columbia – 466970 2. CD, Remastered, 1992.

R-11233664-1567404723-3130.jpeg.jpg

One day I’ll stop playing this...

PinkPantheress, To Hell With It

Though a mellower sound with hushed vocals, this hypnotic eighteen minute debut album / mixtape’s occasional DnB backdrop somehow reminds me of NY Sushi... and also from around then, Ben and Tracey’s Walking Wounded.

That reminds me that I once thought I had stumbled across a magnificent new indie band on YouTube. False alarm. Just a one-off, randomly magnificent cover by an otherwise unremarkable amateur band. I didn't know the original track.

I Iove this recording of Freddie Hubbard with Joe Henderson and Bobby Hutcherson - recorded at Keystone Korner in San Francisco in 1981. I should really get Keystone Bop which has tracks with the same line-up from the day before and day after.

Looking on Discogs an amazing number of albums were recorded there in the ten years the club existed. There's even a book about the club's history (Amazon link). I found this nice article about the author: https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Keystone-Korner-documents-jazz-club-2327672.php

R-3733402-1342198461-9718.jpeg.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Naim Radio. They have a sense of humour as TrioVD ‘Brick’ has just been followed by Antonio Forcione on one of his romantic pieces:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back