advertisement

What are you listening to right now #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
1a0061a5c16ee4d9eca8bcc2da22da68fcca5aca.jpeg

Moontan by Golden Earring. The expanded and remastered CD. Always sceptical about remasters but they nailed this, even compared to the U.K. Track vinyl or Hoffman CD and plenty of extras for the anoraks. Recommended.

The Delgados - The Great Eastern. This was my favourite album about a million years ago and I used to play it every night. Tonight I’m sitting outside on a cool night with my Squeezebox Boom and suddenly fancied listening to it for some reason. Still sounds better than great, and the noises at the end of Past That Suits You Best came from all over the garden even though the speakers are only twelve inches apart. How did they do that?

Moontan by Golden Earring. The expanded and remastered CD. Always sceptical about remasters but they nailed this, even compared to the U.K. Track vinyl or Hoffman CD and plenty of extras for the anoraks. Recommended.

One of those bands that are far, far better than their rather undistinguished reputation might lead you to expect. The Guess Who are another.

Now listening to Gong Live Etc. on minty first press Virgin UK vinyl. Great album. But, does anyone have a copy where the front cutout isn't ripped to shreds?

Gong_Gong_Live_Etc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back