Nicole Atkins
Jane Weaver
Boy harsher
Kaelan Mikla
The Seawolf
Laura Vers

Haven't played this for a long time... Nice

Screenshot-2021-05-08-at-11-39-30.png

Bought both those LPs on release, still play them regularly and the various 12” singles.

I listened to the whole of the Vienna album, then ordered Visage ‘Visage’ on c.d. I will find out the second Visage album ( The Anvil) which I haven’t played for yonks.

I only have Vienna on 12”, rest of singles I have are 7” although Passing Strangers is on clear vinyl. I have The Thin Wall 7” on clear vinyl as well.
I think I only have Mind Of A Toy on 12” from Visage. Don’t think I have Fade To Grey (?) - I was fairly skint at the time, 14-15 years old, so it would be paper-round earnings that bought records, about £5 ish for an album then I think.
By the time I had my first earning job (a Y.O.P. scheme) I could go straight to the record shop and blow £10, tip-up a Tenner to my Mam and have about £1.50 left for a week. Don’t regret it, and still have the (playable) records.
Must look for that Visage ‘The Anvil’ album, not sure where it is, definitely not in the music room, not bumped into it in the spare room either that I recall? If it ain’t there, it is in the loft, and there is zero chance of convincing The Wife to go up there to get it. The album is a bit crap, otherwise it would live closer to the stereo.

(I prefer the John Foxx, pre-Ure Ultravox!)

I listened to the whole of the Vienna album, then ordered Visage ‘Visage’ on c.d. I will find out the second Visage album ( The Anvil) which I haven’t played for yonks.

I only have Vienna on 12”, rest of singles I have are 7” although Passing Strangers is on clear vinyl. I have The Thin Wall 7” on clear vinyl as well.
I think I only have Mind Of A Toy on 12” from Visage. Don’t think I have Fade To Grey (?) - I was fairly skint at the time, 14-15 years old, so it would be paper-round earnings that bought records, about £5 ish for an album then I think.
By the time I had my first earning job (a Y.O.P. scheme) I could go straight to the record shop and blow £10, tip-up a Tenner to my Mam and have about £1.50 left for a week. Don’t regret it, and still have the (playable) records.
Must look for that Visage ‘The Anvil’ album, not sure where it is, definitely not in the music room, not bumped into it in the spare room either that I recall? If it ain’t there, it is in the loft, and there:) is zero chance of convincing The Wife to go up there to get it. The album is a bit crap, otherwise it would live closer to the stereo.

(I prefer the John Foxx, pre-Ure Ultravox!)
Don’t play Anvil much, Night Train now and again. Similar here, pocket money then Sat job money meant I could only buy a few records per month, still have most, a few got lost/nicked/loaned along the way, a few misfiled too, still looking :) I have a few WHSmith tags £5.99 seems going rate around those days. I was in Aberdeen when I got my first proper wage, about £80/week I think, spare cash went on LPs until a serious GF appeared on the scene. Been filling in the gaps during lockdown when I wasn’t buying or able to buy LPs for various reasons, Discogs is very handy looking stuff up, some of the forums like Hoffman too although they can get a bit too anal about minute stuff.

ACR - ACR:EPA on red vinyl, superb! Denise Johnson absolutely fantastic in her last recording session before she passed away. Very good that the band have put her front and centre in the mix.

Don’t play Anvil much, Night Train now and again. Similar here, pocket money then Sat job money meant I could only buy a few records per month, still have most, a few got lost/nicked/loaned along the way, a few misfiled too, still looking :) I have a few WHSmith tags £5.99 seems going rate around those days. I was in Aberdeen when I got my first proper wage, about £80/week I think, spare cash went on LPs until a serious GF appeared on the scene. Been filling in the gaps during lockdown when I wasn’t buying or able to buy LPs for various reasons, Discogs is very handy looking stuff up, some of the forums like Hoffman too although they can get a bit too anal about minute stuff.

:)

I don’t use any hifi forum but pfm. Discogs, I really like as I add stuff to the database. Usually I list using Discogs in the this thread because I have just added it to my discogs collection list.
There is a mixture of frustration and intrigue when there are 100+ listings for an album, much easier when there are just a few variations. I have a growing pile of stuff that need a new entry on Discogs. I find the process very hard, but have realised that I don’t need every little detail as someone will add it (or correct it ;)) rather rapidly.
I have taken to looking up c.d. matrices lately, amazed at the amount of variations for some albums.

:)

I don’t use any hifi forum but pfm. Discogs, I really like as I add stuff to the database. Usually I list using Discogs in the this thread because I have just added it to my discogs collection list.
There is a mixture of frustration and intrigue when there are 100+ listings for an album, much easier when there are just a few variations. I have a growing pile of stuff that need a new entry on Discogs. I find the process very hard, but have realised that I don’t need every little detail as someone will add it (or correct it ;)) rather rapidly.
I have taken to looking up c.d. matrices lately, amazed at the amount of variations for some albums.
I’m partially sighted and really struggle with the matrix info scratched into the deadwax so I’ve stopped trying to get it exactly right just best effort, not intending to sell anyway.

I’m partially sighted and really struggle with the matrix info scratched into the deadwax so I’ve stopped trying to get it exactly right just best effort, not intending to sell anyway.

I have a selection of large magnifying glasses around the house, at least 4.
Also I have one of those magnifying glasses with a circular lamp around it that plugs in to the mains.

I don’t list my collection to sell, I just do it and like to get it correct.

Ricky Lee Jones - Ricky Lee Jones, I have never actually heard this album all the way so picked up a 2nd hand CD for £2.

I have a selection of large magnifying glasses around the house, at least 4.
Also I have one of those magnifying glasses with a circular lamp around it that plugs in to the mains.

I don’t list my collection to sell, I just do it and like to get it correct.
Only way I can read them is if I get a shard of sunlight, angle the LP just right and use a magnifier, tried the ones with a ring light but didn’t do the job, almost but still a bit too hard to read. At least my hands don’t shake these days, one lot of meds made them tremble like hell :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back