advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Smith - The Sermon - RVG remastered CD. When I want to hear Jimmy Smith, which happens a lot, this is the recording I seem to choose most often.
Great tunes, great solos, and what a solid groove throughout, with superb sidemen all around.
This guy made a few recordings that are deemed essential, and this may be my favourite of them all...

Kelly Lee Owens - Inner Song

Good to hear a track with lead vocals by John Cale.

This may take a few listens, but not as strong as the first yet

Lost Ones - Lauren Hill (from The Miseducation Of...).

Had been listening to Love & Hate by Michael Kiwanuka and this autoplayed on iTunes. Haven’t heard it for years..!

Louis Armstrong - ‘Satch plays Fats’, an astonishing album, contains some of the finest performances ever recorded. No other artist was at this level in their 6th decade. Genius at work.

Awkward Corners - Dislocation Songs

Discogs put this in Electronica/experimental/jazz genre, whatever that implies. I have no idea of music genres, not really bothered, more important is enjoying the music.

This one is really growing on me

This one far more mellow, have a listen on youtube or similar, I always try to prior to buying

Will do. Once I’ve done my virtual speed awareness course tomorrow morning I’m going to use a rainy day for online assessing and buying. Thanks!

Awkward Corners - Dislocation Songs

Discogs put this in Electronica/experimental/jazz genre, whatever that implies. I have no idea of music genres, not really bothered, more important is enjoying the music.

This one is really growing on me
Just started listening on YouTube. Pretty addictive..! Definite headphone music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back