advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having an extended Van Morrison session today. On to Tupelo Honey now. Van is very therapeutic in the present political/ world events climate. Recommended!

Aswad - Live and Direct.

Who here is prepared to admit that they remember the days of a "rub-a-dub" style?

Their last good album.
Marred just a little for me by the fact I nearly got stabbed watching it being recorded at carnival.
New Chapter In Dub is the one I pull out most often

Heads.......Together - "Funky.......Stuff"

rare working-mans-soul covers band mid seventies album, very tight band, horn section and some pleasant guitar work. Sold this album, so this is my last listen.

Was Hank Mobley - Eponymous. Vinyl Mono Music Matters 2 x 45 rpm.

Now Billie Holiday. Vinyl Mono. Disk 1 from the large Japanese Box set - Billie Holiday on Verve 1946 - 1959.

Both sounding really excellent now I have manage to get my new Mono Cartridge working properly. It is a big step up from just using a stereo cartridge on mono records.

Listening to some ladies this afternoon

Sara K. - Closer Than They Appear
Toni Childs - Union
Michelle Shocked - Short Sharp Shocked
Janice Ian - Revenge
All CD rips
And ended with Malia & Boris Blank - Convergence - CD quality download

Erland Cooper - Sule Skerry, after listening to his Wild Music programme off Radio 4 (which has made me want to visit Orkney)

I've got that, fab album.

Indeed. Bing and Frank really do get on rather nicely, and Louis Armstrong turns in a couple of really good numbers as well. Grace Kelly also does a competent job of holding her own with Crosby and Sinatra in what would be her only musical role. Highly recommended.

Indeed. Bing and Frank really do get on rather nicely, and Louis Armstrong turns in a couple of really good numbers as well. Grace Kelly also does a competent job of holding her own with Crosby and Sinatra in what would be her only musical role. Highly recommended.

'Now you has jazz' and 'High Society Calypso' are stand-outs for me although I like it as a whole. Love the film as well.

Also, this record is 5+years older than I am, and the sleeve smells divine..

Boards Of Canada - Geogaddi

I had the original but returned it, a very poor pressing.
This recent one is pucker though.

Bloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back