advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fela Kuti Early Years and Africa 70, plus DVD Teacher don't teach me Nonsense 1984. What a hoot!

I am rather late to the party on this one, but I'm willing to bet an awful lot of others will also be. Fans of Japan / Tim Bowness / Porcupine Tree / Prog Rock please take a listen. The album is simply amazing.

still working my way through a readers digest boxed set of Abba (5 lps).

cleaned up pretty well.
been a bit of an eye / ear-opener listening to a good selection of their 'stuff' loud on a reasonably full-range set-up.

Also left me a convert to spherical stylii after a lot of experimentation etc.

Roy Budd - The Internecine Project (Trunk LP)

Typical Budd, zithers and tablas all present and correct.....Another essential release from Mr Trunk (sounding wonderful played back using Shure N35x spherical stylus;)).

Roy Budd - The Internecine Project (Trunk LP)

Typical Budd, zithers and tablas all present and correct.....Another essential release from Mr Trunk (sounding wonderful played back using Shure N35x spherical stylus;)).

going to have to check that out.
and that cartridge if I can ... got an OM super body and have the 1S (light tracking spherical, relatively) and the OM5 and OM20 stylii, so have been swapping between them - and ... dunno ... the spherical sounds more immediate, punchy, 'larger' - rock and pop in particular sounds like it 'should' ... and in some ways (distortion??) I'm getting a more 3D soundstage too ...

Using my stylus on a Shure SC35C cartridge (tracking at its near maximum, 2.9g).
Not the last word in detail and some would say a little 'dull' but punchy and enjoyable!

Playing the pink vinyl Kenny Graham 7" of jingles that came with the Jonny Trunk book 'Wrappers Delight' at present....Shame about the poor pressing but wow the music is a treasure....Beautiful.

Just to lower the tone and because I was trawling through this thread.
On the radio now, Oh L'amour by Erasure...
:rolleyes:

If you're into Zappa, Hatfield and the North and Henry Cow et. al., MGP are going to be right up your street.

Lost moments (to me anyhow) of genius regained.

a2682220480_16.jpg

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back