advertisement

What are you listening to right now #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markus Stockhausen / Simon Stockhausen / Jo Thönes ‎– Aparis

Typical mid 80s ECM but good, nevertheless.

Thomas Dolby - 'The Golden Age Of Wireless' album from 1982, one of my early purchases. Reassuring that after 36 years it plays very well, I had a 'look after my records' sensibility way back then. Mind you at a fiver plus for an album in 1982 I tended to look after them. I heard 'Europa And The Pirate Twins' on the radio and I was hooked, got the album as soon as I could. Hated his stuff after this though. I think he did some production for others. Early geek/hipster style which ground on me, as I was more futurist/punk/ electronic at that time. Got to love a tribe.

Thomas Dolby - 'The Golden Age Of Wireless' album from 1982, one of my early purchases. Reassuring that after 36 years it plays very well, I had a 'look after my records' sensibility way back then. Mind you at a fiver plus for an album in 1982 I tended to look after them. I heard 'Europa And The Pirate Twins' on the radio and I was hooked, got the album as soon as I could. Hated his stuff after this though. I think he did some production for others. Early geek/hipster style which ground on me, as I was more futurist/punk/ electronic at that time. Got to love a tribe.

This is my favourite also but I do like his other albums too in particular 'Aliens ate my buick'

now on to M - 'The Official Secrets Act' album, another early purchase of mine. This was like nothing else at the time (1980) and was miles away from 'Pop Musik.'
Robin Scott was an interesting fellow. Bizarre album, the sound quality is fab.

New Musik - 'Anywhere' album, purchased in 1981.

A bit soft for my tastes, but I like the gentle pop of it. New Musik did do a great 12" 'The Planet Doesn't Mind' which I played to death. Very much of the time though. New Musik always seemed to be good musicians, I think Ken Bruce likes them!

Yello, 'The Eye'

51D7lv4k4JL._AC_US218_.jpg
Three in a row you’ve picked that I really like!:)

Reactions: MVJ
Les McCann and Eddie Harris - Swiss Movement (live at Montreux)

Is this the best version of 'Compared To What' ? I have heard a few, but this best for me.

Bloss

Yes - The Yes Album

Along with 'Fragile' their greatest moments IMHO. Slightly more complex arrangements than Pete Banks era but not quite as far up themselves as they got on 'Close to the Edge'.

St Germain, 'Tourist' some cracking test tracks on this album :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back