advertisement

What are you listening to right now #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping with James Holden but shifted gear with this fine ep with Maalem Mahmoud. Floating Points.

I have the download from bleep, there was a 12”

ReleaseFormat-149118-10633

It’s called an EP but there is 50 minutes of music on it. Deeply hypnotic and human with typical James Holden’s flourishes.

https://bleep.com/release/59966-maalem-mahmoud-guinia-floating-points-james-holden-marhaba

The Orb, no sounds are Out of Bounds. The instrumental mixes on download 2... CD2 I assume
I like both vocal and non vocal. Good to have the choice

Talking Heads 'Remain in Light'

Just got home from a two week trip away in the camper & fired the system up & it's sounding Sweeeet!!!

Today’s new music recommendation is AZIZA. Not exactly new as it’s 2016... Four well established jazzers forming almost a big band sound. Dave Holland leads the fore on double bass with some great drumming, sax and guitar to make up a worldly modern-jazz supergroup — a collective, of sorts. A bonus is this has been toured widely before being recorded so this eponymous debut is as tight as it gets but with a top-notch live studio sound to it.

Some terrific solos on every track and much like the “Prime Directive” set on ECM records, it has drive but it is not too slick... yet almost goes there with a Cuban and Calypso vibe, polyrhythms aplenty, this download exudes professional modern cool from experienced working jazzers.

DR2-009-AZIZA-Cover-RGB-1024x1024.jpg

http://daveholland.com/recording/dr...chris-potter-lionel-loueke-eric-harland-aziza

Level42 'The Pursuit of Accident'

The album where they found their pop hits formula mingled with the style from their brilliant early albums..

Tanita Tikaram, Ancient Heart' Have a feeling this could be a ladies day I think. This is her first & best album & well worth listening to it's a grower.;)

51sApkuxfpL._SS500.jpg

Kate Bush, 'The Whole Story' This concentrated collection of her music is brilliant but I can't handle her albums so this is all I have of hers.

41LIknSy9LL._AC_US218_.jpg

Eddi Reader with The Patron saints of Imperfection, 'Mirmama' Effortless vocals and very original music played to perfection.:cool:

51B1SaAqcgL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back