advertisement

What are you listening to right now #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
YeLLo "Live in Berlin"

61qGtM22HqL._AC_UL436_.jpg

Well today I checked out that Eno and Byrne album at work , very interesting album.

Tonight I discovered Albert King , just set him away on Spotify and I'm probably about 3 albums in at this point. I'm sold on this guy , great sounds right now drowning on dry land. Epic and I've not even had a beer this evening.

Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen

Not one of their classics but I like it, a bit of a comeback album from the late 90s and at the time I'd not heard them previously because they were before my time.

Strange to think a comeback album from a later period is already over 20 years old, I'm struggling to get my head around some of these 20+ year old albums I remember buying first time around, god knows how all you codgers feel :p

Halfway through playing 1 track for each of the letters of the alphabet, by artist.

Just had Lloyd Cole's Rolodex Incident, now on the Members' Offshore Banking Business.

Dolly Varden - Forgiven Now, one of quite a few artists I was put onto through the music pages of hifi plus back in the day.

had a 'heavy funk' collection called 'cold heat' which when ripped from the CDs, prog. in question split into 'groups' - was listening to the kenny smith and the lovelifters selection (assuming tagging is correct - haven't the cds to check against).
Fantastic - awesome bass.

elvis in las vegas cd set - always loved the doc/ concert film from his early vegas days with the phenomenal band / orchestra.
tbh his intonation seems a bit shot for many of the cuts on this collection - but there's a few where it all comes together - and when it does ... blimey, amazing. Ronnie Tutt was just fantastic powering it all on the drums. Would still like to think 'animal' was based on him, rather than the more obvious drummists, from this period.

Neil Diamond - 'play me' Uni albums complete collection
. Retain a soft spot for ND up to his 'love at the greek' live double (where his voice is magnificent, whatever else you might say - check out 'I've been this way before' on youtube - both hilarious and fantasic). Again - great bands (live); dennis st. john on drums another top player in the Hal Blaine mould.
love lee holdrige's writing and arranging for strings / brass etc on this early stuff. And the production too on some of it (coldwater morning - freelife) - talk about your speakers 'disappearing'.

Carol King - Tapestry.
first time I've listened to the album properly - i.e. loud. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Reactions: MVJ
Rush - Clockwork Angels.
I can't find my CD of it so listening on Tidal... Nowhere as good as the CD. Sounds terrible on vinyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back