advertisement

What are you listening to right now #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this as earworm for the last few days (no real complaints); so had to play it

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this as earworm for the last few days (no real complaints); so had to play it

Good one...the soundtrack 'The man from UNCLE' contains that.
I liked both a lot, the movie and the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hazards of Love

The Hazards of Love is the fifth album by the American indie rock band The Decemberists, released through Capitol Records and Rough Trade in 2009.[18] The album was inspired by an Anne Briggs EP titled The Hazards of Love. According to the band, frontman Colin Meloy had set out to write a song with the album's title, which eventually developed into an entire album. Becky Stark (of Lavender Diamond), Shara Nova (of My Brightest Diamond), and Jim James (of My Morning Jacket) provide guest vocals throughout the album,[19] while Robyn Hitchcock makes a cameo guitar appearance on "An Interlude".

The Hazards of Love is a rock opera, with all songs contributing to a unified narrative, similar to the use of recurring stories on the band's previous album, The Crane Wife. The plot is a love story: a woman named Margaret (voiced by Stark) falls in love with a shape-shifting boreal forest dweller named William (voiced by Meloy). William's mother, the jealous Forest Queen (voiced by Nova), and the villainous Rake (also voiced by Meloy) bring conflict to the album's story arc

8RJ6kRa.png

Currently on a selection of Classical sampler CDs that were freebies with Gramophone, HiFi News and the like, but New Chautauqua will be next up ...

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma. Like an amalgam of all records playing simultaneously. And it has Thundercat on it. I wish someone had told me how expensive a Bleep habit could be....

cosmogramma.jpg

Claire, sage advice. As is never develop a Bleep habit. Anyway....Bohren and Der Club of Gore. What can I say? For a start of it is called Bohren and Der Club of Gore. Perhaps Bohren likes waterproof clothing? I know I do. I am struggling to figure out what it most sounds like. Is it David Lynch's soundtrack to the inner thoughts of Nick Cave or Nick Cave's soundtrack to the inner thoughts of David Lynch? Each has its merits. It is not likely to be played at a hi-fi show which is another merit....unless Paul Darwin is there of course which could be a merit if he has the Naiad on demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECyfX1OR_nk

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back