advertisement

What are you listening to right now #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blancmange - Commuter 23 - very unlike their early stuff - rather hardcore electronic/ambient. Reminds me of Boards of Canada. I love streaming services.

Wynton Marsalis - Hickory Dickory Dock

(inspired by watching La La Land at the cinema this evening)

Johann Johannsson "Arrival" soundtrack
Jean-Michel Jarre - "Oxygene 3"
Hans Zimmer "Interstellar" Soundtrack

Real workout
Might re-watch "Interstellar" tonight. Waiting on Arrival for home viewing.

Johann Johannsson - Orphee the new one on Deutcshe Grammofon following "Arrival" Soundtrack. A tonally uniform selection. Very much a Michael Nyman of our times (albeit sounding nothing like him). It feels like a body of work looking for a place to live in celluloid.

Johann Johannsson - Orphee the new one on Deutcshe Grammofon following "Arrival" Soundtrack. A tonally uniform selection. Very much a Michael Nyman of our times (albeit sounding nothing like him). It feels like a body of work looking for a place to live in celluloid.

Have you heard his score for The Miners Hymns? - gorgeous arrangements for brass band.

Johann Johannsson "Arrival" soundtrack
Jean-Michel Jarre - "Oxygene 3"
Hans Zimmer "Interstellar" Soundtrack

Real workout
Might re-watch "Interstellar" tonight. Waiting on Arrival for home viewing.

I enjoyed Oxygene 3 its a good addition to the series .... Still love the original best though.

Interstellar is a better movie than Arrival IMHO the ending of the latter is disappointingly poor.

Was Dexter Gordon - "Our Man in Paris". Blue Note 75 LP reissue (180g pressing).

Now Art Pepper - "Smack Up". Original Contemporary LP. These period Contemporary LP's only weigh 120g or a bit less and are pretty 'flexible', but still sound pretty good if a decent recording (like this). Who needs 180g pressings? :)

Have you heard his score for The Miners Hymns? - gorgeous arrangements for brass band.

No and I usually dislike Brass Bands so I must hunt it down... http://www.johannjohannsson.com/discography/miners-hymns/

Interstellar is a better movie than Arrival IMHO the ending of the latter is disappointingly poor.

I think after "Story of Your Life" any attempt to make that perfect little moment a movie is going to be poor, the music on the other hand I shelled out for the 24-Bit production master treatment. http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/10427

And a very big upgrade on the Tidal 44.1 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back