advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I miss this?

A bit of Soft machine/Caravan, a bit of Mike Westbrook circa 'Love songs' a bit of psychedelia. It's blues and jazz too - but more in the Colosseum mould.

Some great covers of songs by Annette Peacock, Alan Hull, Laura Nyro, Carol King, Dylan - and a nice bit of Hammond playing.

Stephen

affinity5.jpg

The original Vertigo LP is a real belter. The cover of "I am the Walrus" is very good indeed. Their bassist, Mo Foster, is a phenomenally talented player and composer.

Pavarotti - Live in Barcelona on Sky Arts 2. Sound quality through the TV is awful, but nothing can take away from that voice.

(My cheeky 4yo won't go to sleep, so she's listening with me.)

The Enid - Invicta
Hi-res Digi-download
Having recently re-discovered The Enid, this is my fav album at the moment.

I like Janine Jansen's playing a lot. I met her briefly at a Yellow Lounge classical club night a few years back. Sadly the live set up that night was notvery good. But I have her recent Bach album, plus her recording of Britten's violin concerto. In fact I have something of an obsession with this concerto, and Jansen's is one of the recordings I go back to. In my view the bar was set when Britten conducted Mark Lubotsky for the 1970 Decca recording. Jansen measures up well, with Tasmin Little under Ed Gardner a good choice also.

The Monochrome Set- 'Eligible Bachelors' (Optic Nerve LP)

Beautiful cream vinyl 180g reissue of this masterpiece sounding much quieter than the Cherry Red original.

Scout Niblett - This fool can die now.

Only recently discovered this on Spotify. Some nice duets with will oldham and a fantastic recording throughout.

How did I miss this?

A bit of Soft machine/Caravan, a bit of Mike Westbrook circa 'Love songs' a bit of psychedelia. It's blues and jazz too - but more in the Colosseum mould.

Some great covers of songs by Annette Peacock, Alan Hull, Laura Nyro, Carol King, Dylan - and a nice bit of Hammond playing.

Stephen

affinity5.jpg

Mike Westbrook's Love Songs, then more Norma Winstone - Edge of Time

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GNNF5VW/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Love it.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back