advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by johnfromnorwich, I dug out the Sun and Moon's LP and "Alive: not Dead" EP.

20 years on and other than "Speed of Life" I just don't like them as much as the Chameleons' stuff. I guess that it's the echoplex guitars and wheezy old string synth that I like.

Malachai - Beyond Ugly.

Tricky to identify the genre, but I'm finding it quite compelling. Another great album cover!

Anyone familiar with these guys?

Inspired by johnfromnorwich, I dug out the Sun and Moon's LP and "Alive: not Dead" EP.

20 years on and other than "Speed of Life" I just don't like them as much as the Chameleons' stuff. I guess that it's the echoplex guitars and wheezy old string synth that I like.

Speed of Life really does sound like a Strange Times track to me. I agree overall though and I'm much more of a fan of the first two (especially) Chameleons LPs.

I notice that the Chameleons Vox are doing Script of The Bridge next month. Not quite the real thing but only 2 minutes down the street...

This. Rather good actually. £3 vinyl!

Stephen

Bo_Hansson_Magicians_Hat.JPG

Fripp & Eno (No Pussyfooting). Nice to see they've reinstated the parentheses. Picked it up on Vinyl today. Considering the content, a 200g pressing does seem a little excessive, but it was only regular LP price. I got Evening Star too, as a replacement for my knackered old 80s copy.

John - just listened to that (I have a re-release from the '80s - my original went missing.)

Just now - £3 Vinyl and mint. Love the synths. Impressed how much Twelfth Night sound like the Human League!

Stephen

220px-Dare-cover.png

John - just listened to that (I have a re-release from the '80s - my original went missing.)

Just now - £3 Vinyl and mint. Love the synths. Impressed how much Twelfth Night sound like the Human League!

Stephen
[/IMG]

I distinctly remember Twelfth Night going through a Duran Duran phase!

Jordi Savall et al. Diego Ortiz (199) - Recercadas Del Trattado De Glosas
Great sessions (Koopman, Pandolfo, Lawrence-King, etc) and fantastic music making. 5+ star for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back