advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Calexico thing. Pretty damned good. It's got me in the mood for similar. What's it to be? Giant Sand or Silver Jews. Or mebbes a bit of Vic Chesnut (RIP).

Chris

Deadbeat: eight. First two tracks very meh, but gets good after that.
Alamut is quite Regis-esque so obviously I love that shit.

Black Dub - eponymous

Daniel Lanois with Daryl Johnson (bass), Trixie Whitley (vocals), and Brian Blade (drums). Wasn't sure what to make of it (still not sure), but I like it. I think I like it. I see/hear a lot of her father in Ms. Whitley (= a good thing).

Edit: Love the can of Deoxit in the foreground about 3 or so minutes in.

That is one hall of an expensive and well made Neve with what looks like an old SSL to the side, its not a Studiocraft console mid 1970s. Gorgeous. Just impossible to yet recreate in the digital domain. I look forward to hearing the LP on Spotify. I like the Clip. I love PFM for turning me onto new music without genre or border. Just whatever. Its all good. If I haven't said it before I'm grateful that that you all share your music tastes so freely. Its too big to try and contain it all...

Sourceless and Performance Mixing getting more and more mainstream now. But I love Lanois as a guitarist, his chord choices are always skewed to the pleasantly harmonic side of odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Factory Floor / Two different Ways 12". They certainly seem to be attracting all the right attention so far. Now signed to DFA. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back