advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
bark-psychosis-codename-dustsucker-2004.jpg

Proms on R3, BBC Concert Orchestra doing 'Desert Island Discs'
Despite the title, it's very enjoyable. Wayne Marshall cranking up the Albert Hall Organ now....

Maybe I already have it then - I've got the rocket, the crayon and the bone ones. I find them OK in parts but generally a bit directionless, although I do appreciate the concept.
Which is how I've found the bits of Pan Sonic I've heard - I like the idea but not the execution.

Maybe I already have it then - I've got the rocket, the crayon and the bone ones. I find them OK in parts but generally a bit directionless, although I do appreciate the concept.
Which is how I've found the bits of Pan Sonic I've heard - I like the idea but not the execution.

It's got a multicoloured tube of some sort on the the cover. Mine smells really bad too - like that 1970s purple photocopy ink. Which Pansonic have you got? 'Aaltopiri' sort of drifts by but I think 'Gravitoni' is immense. 'Pan Finale' in particular.

I have one with valves on the cover - not at home so I can't check the title. I also have one with Keiji Haino which I quite like but mainly for Keiji Haino as it's really Pan Sonic providing a backdrop for him to perform over.

Anex, imo, the one good Pan Sonic album is the first Vakio and also the first 12" single on Sähkö. Of course, they were call Panasonic back then. They said everything in those two records and they said it well. It was a shock to the system. It wasn't techno it was something unique and afterwards they lost focus. Maybe it was due to the fact there was nowhere to go after that first pure electronics art statement. They started sounding normal and predictable – more like a techno beats and electronica – as they tried to expand their idea.

Vakio is definitely worth checking out. I have the classical record box set of 4 x 10". There is also a double 12" and CD of the album. Recommended.

I saw them live when they were still called Panasonic, supporting Suicide. I thought they were pretty good, but then Suicide came on and blew them out of the water, frankly, so I forgot about them.

Anex, imo, the one good Pan Sonic album is the first Vakio and also the first 12" single on Sähkö. Of course, they were call Panasonic back then. They said everything in those two records and they said it well. It was a shock to the system. It wasn't techno it was something unique and afterwards they lost focus. Maybe it was due to the fact there was nowhere to go after that first pure electronics art statement. They started sounding normal and predictable – more like a techno beats and electronica – as they tried to expand their idea.

Vakio is definitely worth checking out. I have the classical record box set of 4 x 10". There is also a double 12" and CD of the album. Recommended.

OK thanks, I'll give those a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back