advertisement

What are you listening to right now #12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This:
299e224128a04903dfe09010.L.jpg

Magnetic Fields - Get Lost

For all you Masada fans I'm currently selling this one. I'm too fragile for it.

If anyone is interested, I'll delist it and sell to a fish.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
A ha, that's one I haven't got, so I'll take it off you. PM me the price and how to pay and all that sort of thing.

-- Ian

A load of old The Wire magazine CDs, I must resubscribe at some point. The one that's playing at the moment has two tracks by Circle on it. Damn good stuff.

In the old days 'The Wire' was a breath of fresh air on the jazz mag scene. I subscribed from issue 1 ending up to 200+. Originally under the editorship of Anthony Wood and followed by Richard Cook, it's enthusiasm shaped my listening with quality articles and reviews. IIRC, the Candid cd was the best of the bunch (jazz seems to stand the test of time better than any other music). Lost interest eventually and eBayed the lot. Still doin' my jazz thing though.

d

The Wire went downhill when Rob Young took over the editorship. I still read it, but under duress. He's the Roy Gregory of the avant-garde.

-- Ian

nickl said:
I'm currently staring at Electric Masada At The Mountains Of Madness (which came today). It's an exquisite package. Quite delightful. Can't quite summon up the courage to listen to it yet though...
The packaging is good. G'wan Nick, stick it on, I've been playing it all week.

rod said:
The packaging is good. G'wan Nick, stick it on, I've been playing it all week.
Crystal Palace and Watford are currently playing football to it. It's veered from the very good to the barking so far. I may venture out from behind the settee soon.

Palp, I don't think you need me to tell you you'd hate it...

Happy Mondays - Loose Fit (12")
Happy Mondays - Judge Fudge (12")
The Blue Aeroplanes - Swagger

Big listening sesh tonight including:-

Morrissey - You Have Killed Me (7") - not a classic but still damn good (see Unconditional Love thread)

James Carr - A Man Needs A Woman (LP) - my favourite soul singer - includes The Dark End Of The Street which is ridiculously good.

Freddie Hubbard - Open Sesame (LP) - OK so how many Blue Note LPs do I need to buy?...its getting silly cos I can't find a bad 'un.

The Slits - Live At The Gibus Club (LP) - if you thought the early Pistols and Clash records were 'raw punk' then ****ing think again - and buy this! Its sweaty, feminine, angry, scary and I hope John Peel can hear it....

Cheers

Rich

sideshowbob said:
Ooh, that looks shiny, I want one, whatever it is.

I didn't know Mishima made records???
It's this:

57945221.jpg

Tadanori Yokoo being THE Japanese graphic designer of the sixties, whilst Ichiyanagi was the official enfant terrible of the avant-guarde. It's a very ironic album (hence the references to the, by then, completely loopy Mishima).
Mine is the CD version, which was most certainly not taken form the original masters... The scratches and mistracking do make for a very atmospheric experience, though. I think Ichiyanagi would have approved.
Johan has the vinyl version.
This was quite simply the most beautifully packaged record ever produced anywhere. Nothing else comes close.
Oh, and you can't have one because there aren't any left for you to buy :)
OK, you can have my copy. For a million quid.

In the meantime, a couple samples:
http://www.plinque.net/Franco/Opera1.mp3
http://www.plinque.net/Franco/Opera2.mp3
Something of a mixed bag I think you'd agree...

Hi,

Back from the match and I'm getting on down to,

Slipstream the best of british jazz funk - features artists such as Level 42, freeez, Central Line, Incognito, Light of the world, Central Line and Uk Players.

Dean

Today the postman brought me nice vinyl reissues of the 1st two Agitation Free albums. Superb stuff, another hole in my Krautrock collection nicely plugged. Agitation Free are possibly to Tortoise what Neu! are to Stereolab. There is a stream of one of the tracks from 2nd here. I got them here.

Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back