advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

I use Doves Farm S/R flour and add more Xanthium gum than the recommended quantity, they do take longer to cook than the suggested timings.
we have tried the 1cm and 0.5cm base thicknesses and prefer the latter.

We use a similar recipe for GF flatbreads and char them a bit on the hob.

Let us know if this works for you,
Thank you very much.
Do you recall how much extra Xanthium gum you add please?

Thank you very much.
Do you recall how much extra Xanthium gum you add please?

3/4 tsp, I made pizza tonight and added the gum into the yoghurt and then put the flour in. worked better. To nights best thin crust yet, bit more liberal with the EVO.
we use a pizza baking tray, and check several times when in the oven and adjust timings to suit.
with these sort of recipes it is open to try different amounts, cooking times etc until you find what works for you

3/4 tsp, I made pizza tonight and added the gum into the yoghurt and then put the flour in. worked better. To nights best thin crust yet, bit more liberal with the EVO.
we use a pizza baking tray, and check several times when in the oven and adjust timings to suit.
with these sort of recipes it is open to try different amounts, cooking times etc until you find what works for you
Thank you very much.

Nothing earth shattering, but I made a stonkingly good spaghetti carbonara tonight even if I do say so myself.
Did this last week, very simple, but this time I think I found the absolute recipe which I shall refer to for the rest of my life. There comes a time when you have to settle.

Thick spaghetti or linguine, salt, a little parmigiano mixed into the egg yolk (from a happy chicken) and a few spoons of cooking water. No pancetta nor anything else, there's way enough taste that way.

Had fresh spaghetti pasta ex lidl or Aldi with a sauce made from onions, spinach, cheese & salami.
Sauce was a little heavy to be honest..
Chicken too.

That Calves liver looks fabulous.
Oddly enough I never seem to have the courage to cook it rare enough at home.
At one point a local butcher was selling Calves liver cheaper than Lambs liver!

That Calves liver looks fabulous.
Oddly enough I never seem to have the courage to cook it rare enough at home.
At one point a local butcher was selling Calves liver cheaper than Lambs liver!

it was perfect - we don't cook liver at home as Louise hates it, so whenever we go somewhere that has it, I take full advantage :p - this Italian is consistently good in their cooking of liver

advertisement

Back