advertisement

Welcome to the fascist state

Has anyone here actually lived in a proper, self avowed, fascist state?

I appreciate age and history will narrow this down a bit, but nevertheless....

As many seem to see the UK as becoming a fascist state maybe you should try living in the birthplace of democracy. I saw this email from a friend of a friend today.

"The Greek police were being a pain in the arse with €300 fines for trivial errors on paperwork like listing that you were doing two things at once on a permit, i.e Walk the dog, go to the bank. Which should technically I guess be two separate trips on two separate permits. From where I am now if I did things strictly legally it would be one permit 1.5km round trip to bank to get money, next permit 1.5km round trip to Supermarket 3 doors from bank for shopping, next permit 1.5km to pharmacy next to Supermarket for medication final permit exercise probably to do the same 1.5km loop. Madness. Many people put all 4 on the one form and if the cops are feeling nasty they get fined. I fill in 3 forms and take with me, go to the bank, destroy that form, continue to the Pharmacy, destroy that form, continue to the Supermarket and walk home with the bags of groceries so the form matches what I am obviously doing."

So Downing St rewrote whole sections of the 'independent' race report

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rote-independent-report-on-race-experts-claim

'One commissioner, who spoke out on condition of anonymity, accused the government of “bending” the work of its commission to fit “a more palatable” political narrative and denying the working group the autonomy it was promised'.

Requiring anonymity is hardly 'speaking out'. It's barely even whispering.

It would be easier to form an opinion if we could read and compare both versions, the original and the edited one.

An opinion on what? It doesn't matter what "the original" said, it's gone. The Govt will use published version to justify whatever it does (or more likely, doesn't do) to tackle racism and injustice. Individuals will say they were misrepresented or misquoted but it doesn't matter because Johnson doesn't care. The report was only ever going to be a fig-leaf, a way of appearing to do something while actually doing nothing - or worse.

Cameron on the Greensill lobbying scandal
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-breaks-silence-on-greensill-lobbying-scandal
"Important lessons to be learned"? FFS. The important lesson is that the Government and cronies think they can do what they like. I wonder why Cameron has spoken today? "Hancock and Johnson will avoid any public questioning of their actions because all broadcast interviews and press conferences have been suspended this week because of the period of national mourning ahead of the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral on Saturday." What was that about burying bad news?

'One commissioner, who spoke out on condition of anonymity, accused the government of “bending” the work of its commission to fit “a more palatable” political narrative and denying the working group the autonomy it was promised'.

Requiring anonymity is hardly 'speaking out'. It's barely even whispering.
I thought that stuff would have been got out of the way at the outset to save time at the end.

Last edited:
So Downing St rewrote whole sections of the 'independent' race report

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rote-independent-report-on-race-experts-claim

It would appear so. This is the sort of shit I was trying to get at on my thread about this report.

I gave an example of finding a Swastika scrawled on the shit house wall at work.

I reported to everyone; a poster was printed the same day. Referred to some "Artwork[...which colleagues might find offensive...] please refrain"

It was also suggested in the (prompt) email response that I might inform the Local Management first!

In my original email reporting the Offensive Graffiti, I gave a personal example of how a handwritten note and picture depict me being 'Necklaced' being disregarded by me and not reported escalated to me spending several weeks in hospital as a result of being set alight.

All this from an organisation that quote:

"British Values and our role as an Employer Provider - Ofsted requires all schools, colleges and training providers to ‘promote the fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.

Fundamental British Values underpin what it is to be a citizen in a modern and diverse Great Britain valuing our community and celebrating diversity of the UK.

We recognise the positive contribution we can make towards helping our learners have a good understanding of these values and how they form an important part of our culture in modern Britain. We encourage discussions with learners and have embed [Sic] these values into most of the courses that we deliver.

British Values are closely linked to equality of opportunity for all. We promote inclusion, respect, fairness and the rights of individuals. We oppose and challenge prejudice, discrimination, harassment, and unfairness of any kind, treat people as individuals and do all we can to support learners in reaching their goals.

It is important for us all to help our learners gain an understanding of these values and relate to them in their everyday lives.
To help do this, we produced four British Values posters to post them in (Places of Work)."

The above was a response to an email I'd written questioning some Posters citing British Values; the one in question referring to the Rule of Law; a number of us believed these to be some kind of hoax.

Here's my email (redacted)

To whom it may concern,

I've noticed a poster (enclosed) that appears to promote "British Values".

Assuming this isn't a 'Spoof' what are "British Values" according to (Company) ?

Is (The Company) asserting itself as the Guardian of the Rule of law? If so, please advise as to the position of (The Company) within the British constitution.

Kind regards,

So let's compare and contrast shall we; I reported a Hate Crime and felt I wasn't taken seriously; yet days before, I was told how important Diversity and stuff is...

Please forgive me for not believing anything that is said about Diversity, etc by the Government or a number of Employers.

It comes across to me as a bullshit box-ticking Excercise.

advertisement

Back