advertisement

Welcome to the fascist state

Nobody is saying we are currently a fascist state. What we are saying is if you look at the historical parallels of what happened progressively in 1930s Germany we are moving in the same direction at a fast rate. It was just allowed to happen in Germany with quiet compliance by the majority. We have the knowledge of history to stop it happening here, but we have to act. That's why the Good Law project is so important, as is street protest to say enough is enough.

I’ve not followed this thread properly, so please forgive me if this has already been said but it seems to me that those that are most pro Brexit, also seem to be most anti Scottish independence. Is this a sign of conflicted motives or is the case for Scottish independence principally different to that of UK independence?

It’s dominionism and ethnic nationalism. Britannia might not rule the waves anymore so they’ll try the roads instead.

Last edited:
I’ve not followed this thread properly, so please forgive me if this has already been said but it seems to me that those that are most pro Brexit, also seem to be most anti Scottish independence. Is this a sign of conflicted motives or is the case for Scottish independence principally different to that of UK independence?

I suspect largely a rose-tinted view of the Union (now UKIP/Britain First) flag conquering the world. Without Scotland they’d have to start waving a whole other flag that had no connection to the colonial past they so idolise.

The officer who actually stood on the man should be identifiable.

The numbers both on both the shoulders and riot helmets are mainly readable in that clip if you step through it frame by frame. Thankfully not the highly disturbing tactic of removing ID before embarking on state brutality.

Protests against the new bill have been going on all weekend, in multiple locations, and I expect there are a few more planned for tomorrow.

Here's Novara Media's Rivkah Brown on the latest Bristol protest:

https://twitter.com/RivkahBrown/status/1378383838011924490

I remain full of admiration for these people, who are doing so much to defend our democratic rights, while others seem content to see the UK slide deeper into authoritarianism.

In other news: Tory MP Richard Drax, a multimillionaire of considerable family slave trade derived wealth and who has failed to publish accounts of four of his businesses (Guardian). Why do we put up with parasitic shit like this in government?

In other news: Tory MP Richard Drax, a multimillionaire of considerable family slave trade derived wealth and who has failed to publish accounts of four of his businesses (Guardian). Why do we put up with parasitic shit like this in government?
Because enough of the...err...electorate vote for them and actually seem to believe in and welcome their antics.

That’s just beyond satire- old slaver money and in 2021-

“had not declared ownership of a Barbados sugar plantation in his register of members’ interests declaration”. Chap’s clearly been let down by his accountants.

I don’t know enough about Hitler’s background/social class to make a call there, but instigators like Trump, Johnson, Farage etc are clearly born of wealth/exceptional wealth. By saying that Yaxley Lennon and the criminals behind Britain First who I can’t be arsed googling clearly aren’t.

Generals need foot soldiers/canon fodder, always has been that way.

advertisement

Back