advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Tuesday 7 May: emergency demonstration

Hands off Rafah, stop the genocide. Assemble 6pm, opposite Downing Street, London. Details here

Saturday 11 May: local and regional demonstrations
  • NW England regional march Assemble 12 noon Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool, L3 5TQ to march to St George’s Hall for a rally
  • SW England regional Nakba Day march Assemble 12 noon, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5UY
Saturday 18 May: national demonstration
  • Assemble 12 noon, BBC Portland Place for march to Whitehall, London. Details at tinyurl.com/Nakba1805
Also an emergency demo in Manchester this evening, 6pm St Peter's.

Tuesday 7 May: emergency demonstration

Hands off Rafah, stop the genocide. Assemble 6pm, opposite Downing Street, London. Details here

Saturday 11 May: local and regional demonstrations
  • NW England regional march Assemble 12 noon Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool, L3 5TQ to march to St George’s Hall for a rally
  • SW England regional Nakba Day march Assemble 12 noon, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5UY
Saturday 18 May: national demonstration
  • Assemble 12 noon, BBC Portland Place for march to Whitehall, London. Details at tinyurl.com/Nakba1805
Thanks for posting.

The National Union of Journalists in the UK has criticised Israel’s government for its decision at the weekend to shut down Al Jazeera’s operations in the country.

In a statement, NUJ general secretary Michelle Stanistreet said:

"Those with secrets to hide or who are ashamed of their actions forcibly close down television stations. Targeting Al Jazeera as the Israeli government has is a direct attack on free speech that brings shame on those responsible – I hope they will soon realise their error and reverse this decision."

Too little, too late. It seems more like an admission of guilt...

The US last week paused a bomb shipment for Israel over concerns it was going ahead with a major ground operation in Rafah, southern Gaza, a senior administration official says.
The shipment consisted of 1,800 2,000lb (907kg) bombs and 1,700 500lb bombs, the official told CBS News, the BBC's media partner in the US.
Israel has not "fully addressed" US concerns over humanitarian needs of civilians in Rafah, the official says.
Israel made no immediate comment.

Biden administration to miss deadline for Israel weapons report: Sources

US President Joe Biden’s administration is set to miss Wednesday’s deadline to report to Congress on whether Israel is using US-supplied weapons to violate international humanitarian law in Gaza, four anonymous sources have told the Reuters news agency.
Biden issued a National Security Memorandum (NSM-20) in February, requiring the State Department to report to Congress by May 8 over the credibility of Israeli assurances that its use of US weapons has not violated US or international law.
The sources told Reuters that the Biden administration had informed congressional committees that it hoped to provide its findings within days, but it would not make the May 8 deadline. There are no indications the delay is politically motivated, the sources added.
Last month, four State Department bureaus submitted internal memos to US Secretary of State Antony Blinken raising “serious concern over non-compliance” with international humanitarian law during Israel’s prosecution of its war on Gaza.

^^^ For those without Twitter, the full video is here:

Piers Morgan also deserves credit for giving Abby Martin a platform. She has been excellent on the genocide in Gaza from the start, yet it's impossible to imagine her being interviewed by (e.g.) BBC News.

Third mass grave found at al-Shifa Hospital: Gaza’s media office

Medical teams have found a third mass grave inside Gaza City’s al-Shifa Hospital, with 49 bodies so far recovered, according to the Government Media Office in Gaza.
It said the team expects to find dozens more as the process of retrieving bodies continues.
The media office said there have been a total of seven mass graves found inside hospitals so far.
“We condemn in the strongest terms the crimes of genocide and the continuous killing committed by the occupation army against our Palestinian people,” it said in a Telegram post.
“We hold the US administration, the international community and the occupation fully responsible for these mass graves and this blatant aggression.”

Police clear tent encampment at George Washington University, dozens arrested

US police have begun to clear a pro-Palestinian tent encampment at George Washington University in Washington, DC, just hours after dozens of protesters left the site and marched to the home of the university’s President Ellen Granberg.
According to GW Hatchet, the university’s independent student-run newspaper, “Officers gave their third and final warning to demonstrators to move at about 3.30am (10:30 GMT), saying all who remained … in front of the plaza would be arrested.”
University officials had warned in statements of possible suspensions for students engaging in protest activities on University Yard.
Local media had reported that some protesters were pepper sprayed as police stopped them from entering the encampment, and nearly 30 people had been arrested, according to community organisers.

This is the most brutal questioning of a spokesperson for Israel, by a UK journalist, I've ever seem:

Plot twist! The journalist concerned is Piers Morgan.
He used to do the same on Good Morning Britain- so much so that Tory ministers refused to appear cos he made mincemeat of them. He’s actually a very good interviewer, just a pity he’s also a right-wing, misogynist dickhead.

Some recovered bodies at al-Shifa Hospital found ‘without heads’

Reporting from Rafah, southern Gaza
The vast majority of the 49 Palestinian bodies so far recovered from the grave in al-Shifa Hospital were decomposed.
Gaza’s Government Media Office has confirmed they found bodies without heads. That’s absolutely terrifying and gives a clear reflection about what was happening inside the compound [during the Israeli raid].
That brings the total number of recovered bodies to 520 bodies that have been recovered from al-Shifa Hospital, Nasser Hospital in the south alongside Kamal Adwan Hospital in the northern parts of the territory.
It’s absolutely terrifying as Israeli bombardments across the territory have not stopped in the last 24 hours.

Quite telling that I get to see this information on a “HiFi” forum - what the hell is the BBC doing to keep me informed ? (Don’t worry, rhetorical question, I’m not that naive )

I note that Biden has suddenly decided he doesn't want US weapons used to kill innocent civilians in Rafah. Bit late for that isn't it Joe? Something about closing the barn door after the horse has bolted (30,000+ times over)?

Quite telling that I get to see this information on a “HiFi” forum - what the hell is the BBC doing to keep me informed ? (Don’t worry, rhetorical question, I’m not that naive )
They wonder why kids don’t watch TV. Lots of adults now too. I have several family members that simply don’t do MSM. Sends them on strange journeys at times but it’s telling.

The BBC is giving you all the information you need to keep democracy and the free world ticking over nicely.

advertisement

Back