advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

The idea that UK-made weapons might been used to kill any civilians is sickening. That three British aid workers are among them brings it into tragic focus.

The Government must suspend arms exports to Israel and push for an immediate bilateral ceasefire

Layla Moran.
Caught red-handed complicit in a war crime by the look of things! Now we know what's been on those planes from Cyprus that they tried to hush up. Reminds me of Billy Bragg...

"I never thought that I would be
Fighting fascists in the Southern Sea
I saw one today and in his hand
Was a weapon that was made in Birmingham"

Visiting many Jewish quarters this week but could not brink myself to enter the museums . Tommorrow i will visit a town where Vichy France shipped many Jews to Auschwitz .

As i read events that bring tears to your eyes in Gaza and the sad loss of so many aid workers i still cant understand why the Israelis who have been through such horrific suffering are inflicting it on others still

Jewish Israeli exceptionalism, racism taught from a very young age.
Christians do it, so do Hindus, Muslims Buddhists, atheists too.
Beware the beast of man.

This is not a normal war. The war in Ukraine has killed 500 kids in two years and the war in Gaza has killed over 10,000 in less than five months. We have seen wars before but this is something that is a dark stain on our shared humanity.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/02/gaza-palestinian-children-killed-idf-israel-war
From the article:
One former Israeli army sniper, who did not want to be named, told the Guardian that the IDF’s open-fire regulations were so broad that a soldier has extensive leeway to shoot at anyone once an area is declared a combat zone.

“The problem is the regulations that enable soldiers who just want to shoot Palestinians. In my experience, most soldiers who pull a trigger only want to kill those who should be killed but there are those who regard all the Arabs as the enemy and find any reason to shoot or no reason at all,” he said, adding that a system of impunity protects such soldiers.

“Even if they are outside the regulations, the system will protect them. The army will cover up. The other soldiers in the unit will not object or they will celebrate another dead Arab. There’s no accountability so even the loosest regulations have no real meaning.”
A war of ethnic extermination. Even if "most" don't kill indiscriminately, nothing is done to stop those who do. If it were just one out of 100, that's plenty of executioners at work day after day after day....

* Good video. I have to disagree with his opening comment to the effect that one of the biggest crimes in the world and Israel will walk away from it, They may do in terms of prosecutions and criminal charges - but decent people won't forget.

I won't, and by all accounts my kids and a great many of their friends won't either. You can't wash your hands of something like this.

Haven't heard about this before, but seems plausible - israel using AI - Lavender - to target Palastinians.
https://www.972mag.com/lavender-ai-israeli-army-gaza/

"the army also decided during the first weeks of the war that, for every junior Hamas operative that Lavender marked, it was permissible to kill up to 15 or 20 civilians; in the past, the military did not authorize any “collateral damage” during assassinations of low-ranking militants. The sources added that, in the event that the target was a senior Hamas official with the rank of battalion or brigade commander, the army on several occasions authorized the killing of more than 100 civilians in the assassination of a single commander."

Owen Jones again telling it as it is. Harrowing yet essential viewing as he makes no attempt to cover, justify or dilute the crimes against humanity that Israel are perpetrating. Tales of many young child victims of radicalised IDF snipers, kids just 4-6 years old shot in the head or chest. Just horror upon horror.

Haven't heard about this before, but seems plausible - israel using AI - Lavender - to target Palastinians.

I mentioned that yesterday on previous page, utterly horrific

If US and UK forces in Iraq/Afghanistan had to do a risk and casualty assessment for munition strikes in built up areas under modern warfare conventions then why does Israel get to kill 70 members of one family to kill one/two Hamas without any pushback from the west except for hand wringing and platitudes from our political leaders?.

I’m so ****ing fuming my guts are churning, :mad:

advertisement

Back