advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Israel will end it when it’s satisfied with the price it has exacted. Only 100k Palestinian casualties- way to go.
That is very much the point. The “end” for Israel is expansion. Clearing Gaza and installing Israeli control of the area is the end.

Only Israel is currently dropping every variety of death, from the cruel and unusual to the long and lingering, onto Gaza. Only Israel can stop doing that.

Israel has declared an existential war against Hamas, which the release of Hamas held hostages would not stop.

Of course. Just as Hamas can end hostilities now. It takes two to cease fire

Get rid of Hamas and there is no war.

The best way to get rid of Hamas (or the need for Hamas) is to give the Palestinian's the country/land, freedom and rights they have the right to.

This is 100% down to Israel and frankly I've now lost any and all sympathy for their crocodile tears over the hostage taking they caused.

This is just about Israel eradicating the Palestinian people and state to steal the "beach side" land for Israeli's.

Israel should be declared an apartheid and the world should impose oppressive and absolutely unforgiving economic, arms and travel sanctions against them now.

How many Palestinian hostages are illegally detained by the apartheid Israeli state?

This did not start on Oct 7th 2023.
How many Palestinian hostages are illegally detained and tortured and raped by the apartheid Israeli state?

Glasgow University comes through. Nice to see Labour MSP Paul Sweeney get his arse handed to him. He called 999 claiming his staff were barricaded in the constituency office when a violent mob of pensioners turned up asking him to back a ceasefire. The police said they had no evidence of any mob.

uoJHGg8.jpeg

Majority of Americans disapprove of Israel’s military operations in Gaza

Fifty-five percent of Americans oppose Israel’s military action in Gaza, compared with just 36 percent who approve, according to a new survey by US-based pollster Gallup.
This is a major shift from November, when half of Americans approved of Israel’s operations in Gaza, while 45 percent disapproved, Gallup found.
Americans belonging to both major political parties have grown more critical of Israel’s operations over the past four months. Approval of Israel’s actions among Democrats has decreased by 18 percent, while approval among Republicans has dropped 7 percent, the polls show.
The change in US public opinion comes as the US government more openly expresses its frustration with its ally Israel.
On March 25, the US abstained from a UN Security Council vote on a resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, allowing such a motion to pass for the first time during the war after repeatedly blocking past votes with its veto power.

France says will provide funding to UNRWA

The Foreign Ministry says it will provide more than 30 million euros ($32.41m) to UNRWA this year to support its operations.
“We will make our contributions while ensuring that the conditions are met for UNRWA to fulfil its missions in a spirit devoid of incitement to hatred and violence”, spokesman Christophe Lemoine told journalists.
He did not specify when the next payment to the UN agency for Palestinian refugees would be made. According to the usual quarterly schedule, the next tranche is due in April.

I can’t ‘like’ the above two posts from @gavreid and @Somafunk Absolutely f***ing obscene, like something out of Belsen. Where the f*ck are Bono and Geldof now? The pompous f*cking pricks.

Where the f*ck are Sunk and S'Kewer now?

From 11/03/24 - https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2024...-gazas-children-what-are-they-doing-to-yours/

From 14/10/23 - https://electronicintifada.net/blog...ur-says-israel-has-right-starve-gaza-children

Indifferent to genocide f*cking pricks.

John

Last edited:
It is absolutely shameful that our politicians are essentially silent when this abomination is occuring on our doorsteps. As someone mentioned there are fully stocked markets just a short distance away and yet no one is willing to put real pressure on Israel to allow relief supplies through.

I didn't want to draw a comparison between the images of starving children in Gaza and images from Nazi concentration camps, but the behavior of the current Israeli government makes it valid and morally required. Who are the Nazi's now?

It is absolutely shameful that our politicians are essentially silent when this abomination is occuring on our doorsteps. As someone mentioned there are fully stocked markets just a short distance away and yet no one is willing to put real pressure on Israel to allow relief supplies through.

I didn't want to draw a comparison between the images of starving children in Gaza and images from Nazi concentration camps, but the behavior of the current Israeli government makes it valid and morally required. Who are the Nazi's now?
Prior to the current assault on Gaza, I was very uncomfortable with the comparison. Now, although I stop short of making the comparison myself, I‘m no longer object to others doing so.

I found this article absolutely superb (if you hit a paywall, I find clearing my cookies regains access).

ICJ ruling not likely to change humanitarian situation in Gaza without ceasefire

The International Court of Justice’s order for Israel to provide the unhindered delivery of aid is not likely to increase the amount of assistance flowing into Gaza unless a ceasefire is reached, analyst Marc Owen Jones has told Al Jazeera.
“After the last ICJ provisional measures [in January], the amount of aid entering Gaza actually decreased,” the Middle East expert at Hamad Bin Khalifa University said. “Just because the ICJ have put this ruling forward doesn’t necessarily mean Israel is going to comply.”
About one third of the aid that was required in Gaza before the war is currently reaching the bombarded territory. “The only thing that will result in a spike in aid is a ceasefire,” he said.
“Otherwise, I’m afraid Israel’s response will just be rhetoric.”

‘No one is forcing the Israelis to do anything’

Reporting from occupied East Jerusalem
Enforcement on Israel of anything the UN suggests – whether it’s the resolution at the UN Security Council, whether it’s the UN Special Rapporteur’s report accusing Israel of genocide, or now the ICJ – is always ignored by the Israelis. No one is forcing the Israelis to do anything.
The ICJ has asked for something very specific – they want a report by the end of April detailing everything that Israel is doing. Whether that happens or not is all about enforcement. Right now, there is no one really pressuring Israel to actually do anything that the UN says it must do.

Direct action for Palestine secured a success on Friday as Elbit Systems, part of Israel’s arms trade, was forced to sell its Elite KL factory in Tamworth, near Birmingham.

The company had previously manufactured cooling and power management systems for military vehicles. But it faced falling profits and increased security costs resulting from repeated Palestine Action efforts.

After the sale was completed the site’s new owners, listed as Griffin Newco Ltd, told Palestine Action that they will have nothing to do with the previous owners, Elbit, and have discontinued any arms manufacturing.

Direct action for Palestine secured a success on Friday as Elbit Systems, part of Israel’s arms trade, was forced to sell its Elite KL factory in Tamworth, near Birmingham.

The company had previously manufactured cooling and power management systems for military vehicles. But it faced falling profits and increased security costs resulting from repeated Palestine Action efforts.

After the sale was completed the site’s new owners, listed as Griffin Newco Ltd, told Palestine Action that they will have nothing to do with the previous owners, Elbit, and have discontinued any arms manufacturing.

That's a fantastic result.

advertisement

Back