advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Robin Simcox thinks that the Tories should “push back” on use of the term “Islamophobia” because it is a term used by the “far left.

He believes that Extinction Rebellion, Unite Against Fascism and the far left “need monitoring”.

August 2023, The Independent noted that since his appointment, the CCE had "published no new research or scrutiny of government policy."

He has said the UK is bearing the cost of a "three-decade long failed policy mix of mass migration and multiculturalism".

He has argued that the pro-Palestinian “from the river to the sea" chant should be seen as “genocidal in nature” and that environmental groups would "become increasingly militant and that acts of violence will be the logical end."

He was criticised by anti-racism advocacy group Hope Not Hate, which argued that "he omits the danger of rising anti-Muslim hate and plays down the very real threat of the far right."

Draw your own conclusions.

Sadly I think such acts in the UK would be considered extremist and likely soon to be illegal.
Robin Simcox is turning up the heat in the press for, what I would term, proposed pro Israel legislation.
It's unlawful anyway because it wouldn't be a trade dispute. In the end in comes down to confidence and strength.

Sadly I think such acts in the UK would be considered extremist and likely soon to be illegal.
Robin Simcox is turning up the heat in the press for, what I would term, proposed pro Israel legislation.
Yep. BBC R4 hosting someone who has described London as a "no go" zone for Jews at the weekend due to these pesky extremist/terrorist protestors. How dare people protest against the slaughter of innocent women and children....can you all just stay inside and bite your lips please? Robin Simcox was asked, but declined to appear on The Today programme.

Robin Simcox was employed by the far-right dark-money funded Henry Jackson Society ‘think tank’. He is a paid propagandist and his poison needs countering. To my eyes he has all the credibility of Mark Regev or Liz Truss.

Yep. BBC R4 hosting someone who has described London as a "no go" zone for Jews at the weekend due to these pesky extremist/terrorist protestors. How dare people protest against the slaughter of innocent women and children....can you all just stay inside and bite your lips please? Robin Simcox was asked, but declined to appear on The Today programme.
According to Today this morning, pro Palestine protesters are “just below the threshold” of “terrorism”.

They lie, and lie, and lie and lie…..

Lots and lots of Jews are participating in these protests. To say they are a ‘no go zone for Jews’ is a lie.

Simcox is again conflating protests against the State of Israel with antisemitism. There seems to be very little pushback from our media against this pernicious lie.

Simcox quite literally sees a chant (from the river to the sea) on a peaceful protest as an act of genocide, but does not see acts of genocide when they are happening all day every day when people are killed in ever more imaginative ways and where children are orphaned and dismembered on an hourly basis.

Disgusting.

Last edited:
I actually feel like this is a tipping point in UK history, we've been sliding gently and sort of quietly towards this for decades, but now with the winning post in sight they don't need to hide their bigotry and greed any longer and can say what they like safe in the knowledge that enough people in the UK are brainwashed to a level where they believe them. I fear if we let this continue to happen we are staring the very real threat of fascist and authoritarian rule by a bunch of self-interested far-right elites that will manifest itself in very nasty ways for anyone who does not fit with their idea of what a 'loyal subject' should be. Never in all my years did I think I'd ever see the day when elected politicians would state that people protesting peacefully about a nation state routinely committing genocide and all manner of other ills against an entire nation would be labelled as dangerous extremists. How the **** did we end up here and more to the point how the hell do we stop it before it's too late?

Last edited:
Robin Simcox was employed by the far-right dark-money funded Henry Jackson Society ‘think tank’. He is a paid propagandist and his poison needs countering. To my eyes he has all the credibility of Mark Regev or Liz Truss.

Though sadly scaremongering headlines like the front page of the official Conservative Party organ today will do their job in swaying the opinion of a significant number of people.

I'd never heard of Robin Simcox before so this piece by Peter Oborne was interesting.

I actually feel like this is a tipping point in UK history, we've been sliding gently and sort of quietly towards this for decades, but now with the winning post in sight they don't need to hide their bigotry and greed any longer and can say what they like safe in the knowledge that enough people in the UK are brainwashed to a level where they believe them. I fear if we let this continue to happen we are staring the very real threat of fascist and authoritarian rule by a bunch of self-interested far-right elites that will manifest itself in very nasty ways for anyone who does not fit with their idea of what a 'loyal subject' should be. Never in all my years did I think I'd ever see the day when elected politicians would state that people protesting peacefully about a nation state routinely committing genocide and all manner of other ills against an entire nation would be labelled as dangerous extremists. How the **** did we end up here and more the point how the hell do we stop it before it's too late?
In a word - Thatcher.

Robin Simcox thinks that the Tories should “push back” on use of the term “Islamophobia” because it is a term used by the “far left.

He believes that Extinction Rebellion, Unite Against Fascism and the far left “need monitoring”.

August 2023, The Independent noted that since his appointment, the CCE had "published no new research or scrutiny of government policy."

He has said the UK is bearing the cost of a "three-decade long failed policy mix of mass migration and multiculturalism".

He has argued that the pro-Palestinian “from the river to the sea" chant should be seen as “genocidal in nature” and that environmental groups would "become increasingly militant and that acts of violence will be the logical end."

He was criticised by anti-racism advocacy group Hope Not Hate, which argued that "he omits the danger of rising anti-Muslim hate and plays down the very real threat of the far right."

Draw your own conclusions.
Yes he's a bit of an extremist himself isn't he? Nice to see the BBC giving his bile front page exposure.

Though sadly scaremongering headlines like the front page of the official Conservative Party organ today will do their job in swaying the opinion of a significant number of people.

Simcox is a paid shit-stirrer for the far-right. He just a gobshite for government that has a mandate for none of this; it was not in their manifesto, and at this point >80% of the electorate wants them gone. Now.

Bring it on! These far-right shitheads can’t arrest all of us.

This is the time to really shore-up support and funding for human rights and environmental groups. Time to organise. Time to push-back against these far-right genocidal shit-mongers.

Biden’s announcement of Gaza pier for aid delivery is ‘propaganda point’

In his comments to Al Jazeera, Marc Owen Jones, of Hamad Bin Khalifa University, said Biden’s announcement of a US-supported pier to bring aid into Gaza through a maritime corridor is simply “propaganda”, a way for him to assure disgruntled members of his own party that he “cares about Gaza”.
In reality, “the most efficient way to get aid into Gaza is through the Rafah border crossing, which Israeli officials have consistently hindered,” said Owen Jones.
Sigrid Kaag, the United Nations’ senior coordinator for humanitarian aid and reconstruction in Gaza, made the same point about Gaza aid on Thursday, saying the enclave needs more land crossings, which Israel has shown “little willingness” to open.
Bringing in aid by land is “easier, faster, and cheaper” than by sea, Kaag said, “particularly if we know that we need to sustain humanitarian assistance to Gazans for a long period of time”.

UN envoy says sanctions, arms embargo only way to stop Gaza ‘genocide’

Posting on X, Francesca Albanese, the UN’s special rapporteur on human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories, has said an “arms embargo and economic sanctions on Israel are the only way to stop the genocide in Gaza”.
Albanese was responding to a post by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres highlighting his meeting with family members of victims in Gaza, some of whom had “lost over a hundred relatives”.
Arms embargo and economic sanctions on Israel are the only way to stop the genocide in Gaza. #CeasefireNow https://t.co/8QJTvBbbEs
— Francesca Albanese, UN Special Rapporteur oPt (@FranceskAlbs) March 8, 2024

I'd never heard of Robin Simcox before so this piece by Peter Oborne was interesting.

Our ‘independent’ commissioner for countering extremism seems to be unashamedly Islamaphobic.

Charged with a public duty to counter extremism, Simcox has adopted the political duty to promote it.

Democracy - 0. Fascism - 1

I actually feel like this is a tipping point in UK history, we've been sliding gently and sort of quietly towards this for decades, but now with the winning post in sight they don't need to hide their bigotry and greed any longer and can say what they like safe in the knowledge that enough people in the UK are brainwashed to a level where they believe them. I fear if we let this continue to happen we are staring the very real threat of fascist and authoritarian rule by a bunch of self-interested far-right elites that will manifest itself in very nasty ways for anyone who does not fit with their idea of what a 'loyal subject' should be. Never in all my years did I think I'd ever see the day when elected politicians would state that people protesting peacefully about a nation state routinely committing genocide and all manner of other ills against an entire nation would be labelled as dangerous extremists. How the **** did we end up here and more the point how the hell do we stop it before it's too late?
I'm a *little* more optimistic in that it seems like desperation and overreach to me, like they've realised the limits of brainwashing and have a strong sense that people are getting the pitchforks ready.

advertisement

Back