advertisement

volumio on rasberry pi 3+

Gents - thank you for all your help. I managed to get it to work from USB to a gustard usb/spdif converter... and unfortunately the sound is terrible. Thin and lifeless... i was really hoping it would sound excellent but it would take a miracle to convert this sound into something special.

Alas its not working for you - both my Rasp Pi 3 with dac hats and outputs to different era's of hifi systems sounds fab !

I have a pi running on volumio for a while. It has a generic Chinese hat that does digital out (optical and coax). I use the optical to drive my dCS Elgar as second source. It sounds pretty good to me.

Does anyone know how to set it up so that it can be connected to an android phone directly? It does apple airplay well but I use mostly android

Gents - thank you for all your help. I managed to get it to work from USB to a gustard usb/spdif converter... and unfortunately the sound is terrible. Thin and lifeless... i was really hoping it would sound excellent but it would take a miracle to convert this sound into something special.

That's strange ?

Which Gustard model ?

Which Volumio, the latest, #3 ?

ronnie

@terence

Check that DNLA is enabled (default setting)

Enable miniDNLA

BubbleUPnP or HI-FI Cast on the phone (I use the paid for versions of both)

It might help to restart both the Volumio and the 'phone after installing the software

ronnie

advertisement

Back