advertisement

Vinyl did beat Hi Resolution...

Is he more towering than JW ? Or is it even stevens?
Why would you want to know my opinion on that? You have already declared JW to be better. You want me to believe sending an HD signal via 1/4" tape improves the fidelity. Why not? Your ears are able to distinguish any identical sounding source? Why not? Fairies at the bottom of the garden? I'm sure that too.

Don't drag me into this , was funny though :D:D:D

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out……

Why would you want to know my opinion on that? You have already declared JW to be better. You want me to believe sending an HD signal via 1/4" tape improves the fidelity. Why not? Your ears are able to distinguish any identical sounding source? Why not? Fairies at the bottom of the garden? I'm sure that too.
Nic mate, I do feel you want to believe, but your intelligence is getting in the way...look, clear your mind of the debris of thoughts..then with a clear mind, the magic wanders in..
Ps the sources are not identical..digital is glaringly obvious..

I am most definitely not your mate. And the woolly mind in evidence on this thread is certainly not mine.
I'm not sure..I recognise a kindred spirit..a different type of thinking is important in this world of conformity..believe it or not..but one of my bits of prose is used to help people come to terms with emotional trauma..no wooly thinking there..the poem is called ' monster on my shoulder' but I don't like to blow my own trumpet..ill leave the damn trumpets to your mate JW..

I'm not sure..I recognise a kindred spirit..a different type of thinking is important in this world of conformity..believe it or not..but one of my bits of prose is used to help people come to terms with emotional trauma..no wooly thinking there..the poem is called ' monster on my shoulder' but I don't like to blow my own trumpet..ill leave the damn trumpets to your mate JW..
Now John Williams is certainly someone I would wish to have as a mate. Here's a little reading and listening for you:
https://thelegacyofjohnwilliams.com/2019/10/08/john-williams-early-concert-works/#more-569
If you still feel he's a talentless hack after taking a little explore of his concert music, we'll agree to differ and move on.

Now John Williams is certainly someone I would wish to have as a mate. Here's a little reading and listening for you:
https://thelegacyofjohnwilliams.com/2019/10/08/john-williams-early-concert-works/#more-569
If you still feel he's a talentless hack after taking a little explore of his concert music, we'll agree to differ and move on.
OK...I speed read it..but I did listen to the music..didn't like bachelor flat..too twee...sickly sweet ..catch me if you can, I liked and thought symphony no1 was good..thought sinfonietta was excellent..ill you tube his music tomorrow, in between my jobs..Williams quoted one of my favourite poets , Robert Graves..think believing in myths was mentioned...isn't a myth a little magical? Anyway I might have spoken hastily re John Williams..Will listen a little more intently tomorrow and probably over weekend too..as I am away and should hope to have more time

John Williams is so definitely talented as was Mr Previn who experimented in many musical worlds. I wouldn’t consider him as one of the greatest today but he is certainly a very talented composer.

John Williams is so definitely talented as was Mr Previn who experimented in many musical worlds. I wouldn’t condpsider him as one of the greatest today but he is certainly a very talented composer.
What I didn't mention is..I think Jaws is one of the best films ever made! And I think the music for it is close to perfect..that knowledge would have shot my argument down in flames...lol

I think more recent composers, such as Ades, Part, Reich, Turnage and Adams and Ligeti plough deeper and with greater individuality than JW. I view him more as crossover, though he is excellent in this mode.

John Williams is so definitely talented as was Mr Previn who experimented in many musical worlds. I wouldn’t consider him as one of the greatest today but he is certainly a very talented composer.
He might be the greatest ' Jack of all trades ' composer? I mean no disrespect in that remark..time usually tells to whether a composer become great or not...

What I didn't mention is..I think Jaws is one of the best films ever made! And I think the music for it is close to perfect..that knowledge would have shot my argument down in flames...lol
It’s a great film, apart from the rubber shark. I think the scenes with Shaw when he talks about the Indianapolis, is superb.

I think more recent composers, such as Ades, Part, Reich, Turnage and Adams and Ligeti plough deeper and with greater individuality than JW. I view him more as crossover, though he is excellent in this mode.
JW is accessible and not weighed down with abstract ideas which requires the listener to be sophisticated in order to understand the music..i have been listening to JWs music and even the arty farty stuff has melodic lines which are pleasing to the ear..

It’s a great film, apart from the rubber shark. I think the scenes with Shaw when he talks about the Indianapolis, is superb.
Yep Robert Shaw was magnificent....what I really liked was how the director got the feeling of the holiday town and its residents across so well..

advertisement

Back