advertisement

Vibrating muscle roller

Tarzan

pfm Member
Evening all as the title may suggest do any Fishies use one of these and if they do are they effective, l have some long standing muscle knots, l am spending money at the Osteopaths like it is going out of fashion so a friend recommended l try the vibrating muscle roller so chaps it is over to you.:)

Is it basically this but she has hiccups?

258s.jpg

Evening all as the title may suggest do any Fishies use one of these and if they do are they effective, l have some long standing muscle knots, l am spending money at the Osteopaths like it is going out of fashion so a friend recommended l try the vibrating muscle roller so chaps it is over to you.:)

dont waste money on an Osteo, find a decent Physio.

I was in a car crash about four years ago, the other parties' insurance company paid for physio, massage etc, I closed the case around Easter 2018, I still get quite a bit of specific pain but I suppose I've got that for life now - in my neck/shoulder and under my shoulder blade/spine. I was given exercises such as lie face down and raise your arms behind your back with palms up, then sit up straight in a chair and try to pop a imaginary ballon with a pin on your head by stretching your neck and spine only. The best exercise I got was from an NHS physio after the insurance fiasco was over. The best way I can describe it is to stand up straight and raise your arms directly above your head as high as you can, as if you're praying, then slowly open them into a crucifix position with palms up; then do the same while doing a small lunge.

My experience is..

Early intervention is vital. Insurance companies care about money. The NHS care about people. Physio can be a bit hit and miss. Massage can loosen things but it's no substitute for stretching. Massage done incorrectly can cause more harm than good. Ibuprofen does work (but it's not good for you!!). Free at the point of use is worth its weight in gold.

If I was paying for half a dozen physio sessions I'd drop it to five and buy the massager, it'll give some comfort, but I don't think you can do better than a good NHS physio to back it up. Excuse the pun!

Last edited:
The best I have found for knots in muscles is a Myotherapist who does what is called 'dry needling" which is: "the Immediate & effective relief of pain referral & muscular tension by the insertion of fine acupuncture needles into active trigger points"

Sounds painful I know, but it is not and it is the most immediate and effective solution I have found. I visit for my neck and shoulders every 2-3 months and come out feeling 6 inches taller!

I agree. Go to a beginners and sympathetic yoga class - the instructor will ask you about limits and ailments - but the exercises are brilliant for general improvement.
I have started doing one at my local gym. One other bloke in the class. Two other male friends in their 40s/50s also do regular yoga.

If you mean one these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CKYX...t=&hvlocphy=9046435&hvtargid=pla-581738236776

It’s great for my neck and calf muscles.

Just purchased one... will report back.
I was in a car crash about four years ago, the other parties' insurance company paid for physio, massage etc, I closed the case around Easter 2018, I still get quite a bit of specific pain but I suppose I've got that for life now - in my neck/shoulder and under my shoulder blade/spine. I was given exercises such as lie face down and raise your arms behind your back with palms up, then sit up straight in a chair and try to pop a imaginary ballon with a pin on your head by stretching your neck and spine only. The best exercise I got was from an NHS physio after the insurance fiasco was over. The best way I can describe it is to stand up straight and raise your arms directly above your head as high as you can, as if you're praying, then slowly open them into a crucifix position with palms up; then do the same while doing a small lunge.

My experience is..

Early intervention is vital. Insurance companies care about money. The NHS care about people. Physio can be a bit hit and miss. Massage can loosen things but it's no substitute for stretching. Massage done incorrectly can cause more harm than good. Ibuprofen does work (but it's not good for you!!). Free at the point of use is worth its weight in gold.

If I was paying for half a dozen physio sessions I'd drop it to five and buy the massager, it'll give some comfort, but I don't think you can do better than a good NHS physio to back it up. Excuse the pun!

When l return to work OH are going to sort me out some Physio- will look into this exercise.
The best I have found for knots in muscles is a Myotherapist who does what is called 'dry needling" which is: "the Immediate & effective relief of pain referral & muscular tension by the insertion of fine acupuncture needles into active trigger points"

Sounds painful I know, but it is not and it is the most immediate and effective solution I have found. I visit for my neck and shoulders every 2-3 months and come out feeling 6 inches taller!

If they put a needle in the knot l have l would have the Myotherapist by the b---s- l would hit the roof- going to break the MoFo down a bit first.
I agree. Go to a beginners and sympathetic yoga class - the instructor will ask you about limits and ailments - but the exercises are brilliant for general improvement.
I have started doing one at my local gym. One other bloke in the class. Two other male friends in their 40s/50s also do regular yoga.

Several folk have mentioned Yoga- will look into this, not heard of 'Sypathetic' Yoga will Goole that.

Thanks all for taking the trouble to reply- lets get pumping!:)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Something else l have seen are the posture correctors.... anyone use or heard of their effectiveness or not as the case may be?

My Mum has one of these and swears by it. It doesn't do miracles but it's surprisingly quite good for the money.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8508872

If the problem's in your lower back though, it'll be a waste of time. :)

The 'Thing' arrived last night and l had a go- yowser! Really got into:) the Knotberg which resides in my shoulder- actually feels better this morning- going to have another go this evening.

advertisement

Back