advertisement

Vet Fees

Having chatted to our local independent, now gone vet, I gather rural vets are not in it for the cash.
Long hours poor conditions and money is way below human equivalent, I am told many vets spend years learning how to save life and spend years of career putting down pets; very depressing for them it seems.
Vets are up there with dentists for suicide rates.

Having chatted to our local independent, now gone vet, I gather rural vets are not in it for the cash.
Long hours poor conditions and money is way below human equivalent, I am told many vets spend years learning how to save life and spend years of career putting down pets; very depressing for them it seems.

Indeed. In addition, many vets who access mental health services are now reporting that they are conflicted by their roots in care and life preservation and the fact that their charges often mean that treatment is refused or is scaled back.

I was just making the point that I dont imagine governments generally have specific policies or a department for the pricing of animal care by vets so it’s a difficult one to pin on Johnson. I am open minded though and I shall look out for one in the party manifestoes at the next election.

There can be a tone set by a government even though direct involvement is limited. The premise of the petition is that there needs to be regulation.

I make a big deal when I see my vet telling them how much we appreciate them
Always ask how everyone is as well, especially since early last year.

They are too thin, especially the female vets. I will remind them as tactfully as I can to look after themselves as we need them

Marble is at the Referral Vet today for a CAT Scan on her tear duct and potential surgery to remove a blockage -£2700.

Zebedee is WIP recovering from Hepatitis, Triaditis, and every other sort of -itis. His insurance payout limit is £12000 (during each year) - we’ve hit that already for this one.

Zebby’s is £63 per month for 12K cover (less excess per “incident”, and we pay 20% because of his age - 16.7 yrs)
Mabs’s is £35 per month for 7K cover (less excess as above, and again we pay 20% because of her age - 10 yrs).

Just three years ago, our Bulldog (an expensive breed to insure) was £11 a month. Now, we pay £66 a month for two dogs, neither with an ongoing health issue. The cost of treatment, insurance, and the basis for its increase is the reason for my petition.

Visit today to check Lily I asked about items for ticks as the 6 pack picks plenty of them up walking over the fields

"Have a look online as it is a lot of money. We can email you a prescription"
!!

I love my vet

I was just making the point that I dont imagine governments generally have specific policies or a department for the pricing of animal care by vets so it’s a difficult one to pin on Johnson. I am open minded though and I shall look out for one in the party manifestoes at the next election.

Fair enough but if they don't give a flying f-- about children, how likely is it they will address the exorbitant fees people are being charged for what at the end of the day, a lot of people see as their kids. Might be a good start for all the self serving arseholes entering politics to have some idea of the issues greatly affecting us mere mortals. As an aside a f-ckin Donkey could pin anything it likes on Johnson if he came out the Fridge or please God Ditch. Anyone wondering why the UK is the laughing stock of the modern World need only watch this slavering idiot at P.M.s questions. Think there must have been a long strand of Syphilis in his family ignored by the Harley Street Quacks.

I look forward to seeing the Lib Dem's manifesto:

para 3.1.7 Hard Pad - its corollaries and solutions

or the SNPs:

the para after mandating the reading of the Broons and drinking Irn Bru -

Canine constipation and how it is holding back the economy

advertisement

Back