advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason Rich is being fleeced by German accountants is the Tory party of leadership do not care about business hence they don't bother trying to improve that situation. They are just trying to protect their cayman island offshore lolly.

That's an interesting view! I think you might be partially right. Certainly Germany seems to be getting away with it unchallenged.

I have moaned about this over beer too. Someone came up with a few other trades where something similar happens. Wish I could remember which.

You've got to be living in fantasy land. The Germans have got it all nicely stiched up, and they're not going to let it go. Cost of limited company incorporation in the UK? £1. To transfer a Ltd Company an get the equivalent GmbH in Germany you'll have to stump up €25k upfront, and commission an expensive notary whose fees are based on that €25k. Then you have those compulsory monthly accountancy fees that Rich mentioned. To insure your company you won't be able to use your existing insurance with Aviva or Legal & General, you will have to pay four times as much for the German equivalent. And so it goes on.
Thing is, though, the Single Market means that companies wanting to trade in Germany could do so from the U.K., playing by U.K. accountancy and insurance rules, etc.

I maybe mistaken, and Rich can correct me if so, but his relocation was in response to a realisation that his business needed a toehold within the EU if it was to continue to grow its EU trading. Hence the move to Strasbourg. If Brexit wasn’t happening, he could trade with Germany from the U.K. under our simpler and cheaper rules.

You've got to be living in fantasy land. The Germans have got it all nicely stiched up, and they're not going to let it go. Cost of limited company incorporation in the UK? £1. To transfer a Ltd Company an get the equivalent GmbH in Germany you'll have to stump up €25k upfront, and commission an expensive notary whose fees are based on that €25k. Then you have those compulsory monthly accountancy fees that Rich mentioned. To insure your company you won't be able to use your existing insurance with Aviva or Legal & General, you will have to pay four times as much for the German equivalent. And so it goes on.

Even under May's withdrawal 'deal' (which was written in Brussels) we would still be compelled to obey EU VAT laws for 5 years even if a FTA is drawn up within that timeframe.

The EU is, and has always been, a Franco-German stitch-up, and they made sure that it was thoroughly stitched up on their terms before they allowed us to join the EEC in 1972.
The funniest, I mean saddest, part when I set up the basic version, called a UG, and at a total cost of 2,500 euros, was this; I had to pay a notary about 600 euros, then fly out to sit and listen to the biggest load of drivel ever. He was fluent in English but insisted I have an interpreter to interpret in English as he spoke in his enormous office. That was another 150 euros. And the professional interpreter was about as good in English as the notary conversationally, but was unable to understand the notary's German gobbledigook. So we all wince through it over a 2 hour period when it might have taken 40 mins if the notary had just done it himself. And I came out none the wiser.

I am sure you will bag a handful of likes for that comment. :rolleyes: In fact, let me join in....hang on.

Germany is in recession now. The very recent figures are not out yet. But my sales figures follow the national consumer spending graph almost exactly and I have my figures up to yesterday. I am down 40% from March. 15% on last month.

One of the 3 main reasons for the impending recession by all papers and analysts is brexit. That and their dependence on export and the trade wars going on.

So, straight away it has influence.
Their fortunes may improve if the US elects a president who allows the EU to have higher tariffs; and if the US reduces tariffs on Chinese goods.

The so called 'cars for cheese' agreement could well be a problem. This tariff free import of Japanese/ Chinese cars Phased into the EU over the next 8 years will see car plants closing their gates. Apart from higher levels of productivity in China, labour cost is lower, Germany and France 37 Euros per hour, UK 21 Euros per hour and China about 4 US dollars per hour.
https://www.tokyoreview.net/2019/02/cars-for-cheese-a-look-at-the-eu-japan-epa/

Their fortunes may improve if the US elects a president who allows the EU to have higher tariffs; and if the US reduces tariffs on Chinese goods.

The so called 'cars for cheese' agreement could well be a problem. This tariff free import of Japanese/ Chinese cars Phased into the EU over the next 8 years will see car plants closing their gates. Apart from higher levels of productivity in China, labour cost is lower, Germany and France 37 Euros per hour, UK 21 Euros per hour and China about 4 US dollars per hour.
https://www.tokyoreview.net/2019/02/cars-for-cheese-a-look-at-the-eu-japan-epa/
Good news...I really rate Mazda.....looking forward to getting my MX5 at a top price soon then.
I cant help but think though...that the deal is a bit one-sided. I mean, are the Japanese really going to start eating more western foods?

Who'd be a business person?

Not even the Tories are on your side. Good luck finding help on the opposite bench.

Good news...I really rate Mazda.....looking forward to getting my MX5 at a top price soon then.
I cant help but think though...that the deal is a bit one-sided. I mean, are the Japanese really going to start eating more western foods?
The deal includes cheese and wine. Maybe it was a French 'cheese and wine for cars' benefits day after the German 'cars for cows' benefits day.

Looks like Arlene Foster has been bought off by Johnson. She’s trying to deflect by saying the nationalist community will have to sign up. Since shes corrupt and brought down power sharing with the same people, I doubt very much she wants to give up the toad’s place in the warm sun for any rivals like Sin Fein.
Had to laugh when Bridgen was referred to as one of the Tory Spartans- he’s a short potato merchant.

I thought I’d take advantage of the super soaraway Sterling exchange rate (down a mere 11% since referendum day) to pay off a substantial wine bill in euros. Naturally the vigneron’s credit card payment system is out of action until tomorrow.

I hope Arlene keeps her mouth shut for 24 hours.

I thought I’d take advantage of the super soaraway Sterling exchange rate (down a mere 11% since referendum day) to pay off a substantial wine bill in euros. Naturally the vigneron’s credit card payment system is out of action until tomorrow.

I hope Arlene keeps her mouth shut for 24 hours.
How much are you at risk? I know someone who can tweet ‘no surrender’ (or not) from her account. Prices start from £700

Looks like Arlene Foster has been bought off by Johnson.

Wonder what it was? o_O

A statue of Ian Paisley on St. Peter's Square? With an built-in speaker playing 'Never! Never! Never!" 24 hours a day? Looping in all 24 EU languages?

That would be my guess.

Johnson in another inept metaphor ( sparing the Brexit faithful The Labours if Hercules) has said “we are close to the summit but it’s shrouded in mist”. I hope it turns out to be Brexit political Spion Kop for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back