advertisement

Vaccine

Not clear why there are still large variations in vaccinations from 200k per day to 500k per day. If it could be kept closer to 500k every day many more frontline/at risk workers could be done by 8th March or soon thereafter. Is there a supply shortage ?

I think once the vaccine is defrosted it spoils quickly. A friend recommended accompanying relatives at close of play as a way to possibly get vaccinated early.

Still waiting on Wirral, bit frustrated at the inconsistencies tbh
If you’re over 60 book yourself in on the gov website. I did on Wednesday afternoon, there were no slots in Wirral so I’m leaving for Liverpool Heart and Chest hosp in half an hour.

Still waiting on Wirral, bit frustrated at the inconsistencies tbh

how old are you? I think national inconsistencies are inevitable - demographics are not consistent across the country. Doses are sent in batches, which may be more than a particular group needs, so move on to the next group......

I think once the vaccine is defrosted it spoils quickly. A friend recommended accompanying relatives at close of play as a way to possibly get vaccinated early.

This only applied to the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine which was recommended to be stored at -80degC. Once defrosted, it can be kept at fridge temperatures for 120 hours. The FDA guidance now allows it to be kept at -20 degC for up to 2 weeks before defrosting as well.

The AZ vaccine can be kept at fridge temperatures until use.

For both vaccines once defrosted and diluted they can be drawn into a syringe and must be used within 6 hours after which it must be disposed of.

how old are you? I think national inconsistencies are inevitable - demographics are not consistent across the country. Doses are sent in batches, which may be more than a particular group needs, so move on to the next group......

61 and a critical worker allegedly, work for the Gov't on CV-19 RA implementation in Govt functions, now training non medical teams with in-house LFT testing - still managing to dodge the virus but work in areas of fairly high incidence... pretty sure it'll be soon but 'hearing' tales locally of folk more than 10 years younger than me being contacted to arrange first jabs

61 and a critical worker allegedly, work for the Gov't on CV-19 RA implementation in Govt functions, now training non medical teams with in-house LFT testing - still managing to dodge the virus but work in areas of fairly high incidence... pretty sure it'll be soon but 'hearing' tales locally of folk more than 10 years younger than me being contacted to arrange first jabs

surely you should been stabbed?

advertisement

Back