advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Well it's easing off for me now

I'm still boiling one minute; freezing the next. But the aches/cramps have passed (I think) and I'm actually eating again (very unlike me) :D

I haven't touched a drop of whisky either; which is my go-to cure!

Second Pfizer jab booked for 10.50 am Wednesday 12th May. It'll be interesting to see if there are any more obvious side effects as I've read that's more likely with the 2nd Pfizer jab.

Second Pfizer jab booked for 10.50 am Wednesday 12th May. It'll be interesting to see if there are any more obvious side effects as I've read that's more likely with the 2nd Pfizer jab.

I've had both armloads of Pfizer administered, and the only sides I experienced either time were soreness at the injection site.

Just had my second OAZ jab about half an hour ago.

Side effects first time around - tiredness, head ache, nausea, loss of appetite - took about 24 hours to kick in and lasted a few days. Am slightly pensive now, waiting to see what, if anything, happens this time around.

I've had both armloads of Pfizer administered, and the only sides I experienced either time were soreness at the injection site.

Yes that's the only effect I had with the first jab, a bit sore at the injection site for a day or two.

Yes that's the only effect I had with the first jab, a bit sore at the injection site for a day or two.
I had nothing after the first Pfizer jab. Maybe a very mild feeling of having a bruise at the injection site but that's as much. Second jab was similar, except that I did have a 3-hour spell of the shivers in the small hours the night of the jab. Not cold, just shivery. All passed before morning and nothing else to report so hopefully you'll not be hit much harder than the first time, either.

When I was young I was inoculated. In mid life I was often vaccinated. Now in my later years, I am jabbed. Whatever next?

Had my first AZ in Feb with virtually no side effects - a bit of a sore arm for two days and a couple of headaches that paracetamol fixed. It was about 9am and straight in and out.

Second AZ was last Tuesday at 4:30pm and could not have been more different. Checked in at reception to be told the only nurse was running late and there were 10 patients waiting in front of me, so had to stand around in the car park until called by the nurse. I was out there for 45 minutes and while standing around there was heavy hail shower, thankfully the surgery has provided a gazebo / tent in the car park for waiting patients. There were just a couple of people in there when I dived in to shelter from the hail stones. When I was called there were a lot more questions about my health and given more information about possible symptoms of blood clotting happening after the jab.

Side effects were again a sore arm for a couple of days and then yesterday I had no energy at all and felt completely exhausted, hardly able to put one foot in front of the other. This morning I'm back to normal. :)

Yesterday I logged on to the Seagulls website to see which ballot group I was in for tickets to the last home game of the season only to immediately join the queue to buy them.

I was booked in for my second jab next week, I just got a phone call to ask if I wanted to go this afternoon.

I think I'll do the euromillions tonight

Brother in law just got home after clots and low platelet count led him to A&E last weekend (well, to be precise feeling ill led him there, the other bits came later!). Ongoing medical treatment to look forward to and still feeling rough. Theses are rare events but when it's this close to home it becomes more real.

Under-40's to be offered a different vaccine now: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57021738

Well I'm still struggling with being washed out... Just feel shattered after doing the simplest of tasks and this is only after having the bloody vaccine; so god knows what it'd be like after having CV19 itself (no thanks)!

I had my second AZ jab this morning, as before painless and as yet no side effects.

This time there was an A4 laminated sheet to read with various questions. It stated that if I could answer ‘yes’ to any question to let the nurse know prior to being vaccinated. I pointed out that I had to answer ‘yes’ to the question regarding any injections received in the last fortnight. ‘About sixty’..’Really - why and what were the injections?’ ‘Because I’m diabetic, they were insulin’. A smile of relief and no more delays. :)

This has probably been around and I just hadn't seen it before - for my Pfizer shots, they put the bandage on my arm first and then shot me through it.

advertisement

Back