advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

BANDAGE?!?!

You'd probably call it a "plaster".

Anyway, it's a "thing" now:

AV8-6432700001-9-BX_image-0.jpg

@Clive D my blood glucose went a bit bonkers for a week or so after my second Pfizer jab. Seems to have calmed down now.

Sorry to hear this, Paul. I’m using the Freestyle Libre & my blood sugars have been fine over the last few hours. I know a couple of other Type 1s, they suffered the same as you after their first jab but only for two or three days. It seems quite common according to the Diabetes UK forum.

Sorry to hear this, Paul. I’m using the Freestyle Libre & my blood sugars have been fine over the last few hours. I know a couple of other Type 1s, they suffered the same as you after their first jab but only for two or three days. It seems quite common according to the Diabetes UK forum.

Another Libre user here (with XDrip) - an absolute godsend when BG goes 'off piste'. Glad yours is staying stable.

I had my 2nd Pfizer jab at 16:00, asleep at 20:30 woke at 1:00, still awake, just my normal insomnia kicking in, bloody hormones :(. Just a very slight ache in my arm.
I have my second Pfizer booked for Friday evening next week, hoping that it's as easy as the first was - I just had an ache in my shoulder for a couple of days and nothing else of note really.

Have purposely booked it on the Friday so if I do feel rough I have the weekend to get over it...

1st jab booked tomorrow morning, managed to wangle a Pfizer jab. Hopefully I've not dropped a bollock and end up with any side effects as I have a big heavy lifting day on Monday.

I managed another couple of hours sleep. I am completely wiped out today. Not sure if it's the vaccine or just the result of several days hard physical work (packing for a house move) and sleepless nights due to the insomnia.

I'm much better today, but still having patches of tiredness.

Yesterday was like I took a step back, but managed to sleep right through to 0530 this morning, unusual for me!

Temperature is back to normal though thankfully, sweating one minute and freezing the next was doing my nut in!

I purposefully chose the vaccine location with that in mind.

It's rammed here but not many other people here my age, unless they had big paper rounds.

I had the AstraZeneca one and was in and out.

Albert Pierrepoint couldn't have done it any quicker!

I had a slightly sore arm on days 2 to 4 afterwards.

My wife was more comprehensively hit by the usual gamut of side effects although she declared that if she wasn't working from home she would have still gone to work!

I think I'm looking forward to the second jab...
and I'm definitely looking forward to being able to travel to Central Europe again hopefully as a result of having had it and getting a certificate to prove it.

Just had my second Pfizer jab. Only apparent side effect to report a couple of hours later is a warm feeling in that arm. First jab produced absolutely no side effects at all, but there is some evidence that second ones do have an impact, so we'll see what happens later today.

I had the AstraZeneca one and was in and out.

Albert Pierrepoint couldn't have done it any quicker!

I had a slightly sore arm on days 2 to 4 afterwards.

My wife was more comprehensively hit by the usual gamut of side effects although she declared that if she wasn't working from home she would have still gone to work!

I think I'm looking forward to the second jab...
and I'm definitely looking forward to being able to travel to Central Europe again hopefully as a result of having had it and getting a certificate to prove it.
I doubt there will be certificates, too easy to forge.
There will be something electronic but it doesn’t appear that it will remove the need for expensive testing before and after returning.
I have started making tentative plans to get to my gaffe in France around the beginning of July.
Reading up on how to get the outward test, the pre return test and the two tests needed on return is extremely confusing. The postal tests are going to be overwhelmed so I fear it’ll have to expensive private clinics doing them to have any certainty they’ll be done in time. Quarantine on return will be inconsequential for me.

I'm getting a bit twitchy regard my second Pfizer jab, as it's perilously close to 12 weeks since the first one. I'm wondering whether to follow it up with the health centre (I rang them a week or so back and they basically said 'don't call us, we'll call you').

advertisement

Back