advertisement

Ukraine V

No loss of irony. The murderers have their reputation to think of:

“Russia’s foreign ministry said it has summoned the Dutch ambassador over what it called “obsessive attempts” by authorities in the Netherlands to hold it responsible for the downing of flight MH17 in Ukraine in 2014.

In a statement, the Russian foreign ministry accused the joint investigation team set up to establish who was responsible of being “politicised”.

It comes after investigators said they had found “strong indications” that Vladimir Putin had personally signed off on a decision to supply the missile that shot down the plane, killing all 298 people onboard.

Back to the motherland. Maria Alexeyevna Lvova-Belova announces she has a new child and thanks Putin. Truly disturbing.

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1626203290986741760
To summarize, as it is reported that the Russians have rescued or kidnapped (pick your spin) 6000 children from Ukraine, the Russian 'Children's Rights Commissioner' has adopted a child from Mariupol. I'd see this as a corrupt act even if the children are legitimately-rescued refugees.

To summarize, as it is reported that the Russians have rescued or kidnapped (pick your spin) 6000 children from Ukraine, the Russian 'Children's Rights Commissioner' has adopted a child from Mariupol. I'd see this as a corrupt act even if the children are legitimately-rescued refugees.
Actually it's a major war crime - to forcibly deport and illegally "adopt" your adversary's children during a war. The real figures is north of 100k. All part of "filtration and reeducation" system to erase Ukrainian identity.

I will note the our own @anusgrau, who has been helping refugees professionally most of his life and regularly brings up Afghanistan in the context of damage to children, seems entirely undisturbed by this, but if there is a rude Ukrainian on the internet, he is "on the job!"

Actually it's a major war crime - to forcibly deport and illegally "adopt" your adversary's children during a war. The real figures is north of 100k. All part of "filtration and reeducation" system to erase Ukrainian identity.

I will note the our own @anusgrau, who has been helping refugees professionally most of his life and regularly brings up Afghanistan in the context of damage to children, seems entirely undisturbed by this, but if there is a rude Ukrainian on the internet, he is "on the job!"
Another report on this: https://www.npr.org/2023/02/14/1156...hildren-deportation-possible-war-crime-report

The Minsk collective farm manager has said Belarus will only join the war if it is attacked. This isn’t bad faith acting, it’s just bad acting. His fairy godmother in Moscow can make anything happen.

The Minsk collective farm manager has said Belarus will only join the war if it is attacked. This isn’t bad faith acting, it’s just bad acting. His fairy godmother in Moscow can make anything happen.
In his press meeting yesterday he said everything his boss told him to and made it very obvious that was what he was doing, whether that was deliberate on his part or not was difficult to tell.
I didn’t think his heart was really in the bit where he said belarus would join the fight under certain circumstances, I think that was just to make Ukraine extra cautious about their responses to russian attack from the belarus direction.

In his press meeting yesterday he said everything his boss told him to and made it very obvious that was what he was doing, whether that was deliberate on his part or not was difficult to tell.
I didn’t think his heart was really in the bit where he said belarus would join the fight under certain circumstances, I think that was just to make Ukraine extra cautious about their responses to russian attack from the belarus direction.
I suspect he knows he’s dead if he does and dead if he doesn’t. He’s probably sent his bastard and heir apparent to safety in South Africa.

Last edited:

Russia of course has a population problem (now exacerbated by sending productive young men and women to their deaths in the name of...precisely nothing) and must replenish its ranks. All not helped by Putin and his mates taking trillions out of the economy, but as DZ says...a war crime. One of many.

A masterpiece of delusion, or outright lying, or a bizarre mixture of both:

• Russian Preisdent Vladimir Putin has given a long televised national address to the joint houses of the Russian parliament, in which he blamed the west for starting the war in Ukraine, announced Russia would suspend the New Start nuclear treaty with the US, and promised a new fund to help those who had lost loved ones in what he referred to as Russia’s “special military operation” in Ukraine.

• Putin claimed the Ukrainian people had become “hostages of their western masters” who occupied the country in political, economic and military terms.
But such is his grip on the media (those saying the contrary to the party line either being silent, in jail or exiled) that most Russians believe it.

• Russian Preisdent Vladimir Putin has given a long televised national address to the joint houses of the Russian parliament, in which he blamed the west for starting the war in Ukraine, announced Russia would suspend the New Start nuclear treaty with the US, and promised a new fund to help those who had lost loved ones in what he referred to as Russia’s “special military operation” in Ukraine.

• Putin claimed the Ukrainian people had become “hostages of their western masters” who occupied the country in political, economic and military terms.
But such is his grip on the media (those saying the contrary to the party line either being silent, in jail or exiled) that most Russians believe it.
Suspending the Treaty is yet another performance of nuclear saber-rattling. It's one of his favorite cards to play.

Outright lying, start to finish, calculated to delude I’d say. I’d also say he didn’t look or sound like a (physically) sick man - possibly pumped full of steroids though - and it becomes easy to see how the population at large get hoodwinked when they are denied access to other sources of information.

Nothing we haven't heard right here on this thread, over and over.

advertisement

Back