advertisement

Ukraine III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wrote AK-74, and not a AK-47. And he said he will pick up it again. So, or it was in some conflict inside or he has no idea which is which and that was just figure speech.

Hi again.

Recent events in Ukraine will mean that many Ukrainians will probably hate Russia for a generation or more. These are fellow Slavs with much shared history. Does that bother you at all?
It doesn 't bother me in any way . Over the years of Ukraine's "independence", another generation of people has grown up there. There are many idlers among them , and many fans of freebies . Many of them believe that the whole world owes them something. I don 't care how representatives of this generation of Ukrainians will treat me . All these idlers poured into Europe and other countries . You will soon experience for yourself who they are . Don 't expect them to boost the economy and industry of your countries . They will demand refugee status and will seek various benefits for themselves . And nothing else . That is why Ukrainians wanted to join the European Union so much ...... I have no illusions. In Russia , there is even a VERY old saying about the mentality of Ukrainians ( this saying is many decades old ) . I will not quote it here - some of you may feel bad from what you have heard .

He wrote AK-74, and not a AK-47. And he said he will pick up it again. So, or it was in some conflict inside or he has no idea which is which and that was just figure speech.
I know very well how the AK-47 differs from the AK-74. I served in the USSR army , and used weapons .

Good, then will you tell us where it was when you use it as I got impression from you that was not a training.
I am not obliged ( and will not ) disclose information about my profession , military service , and my qualifications . I observe the laws of my homeland.... And you are NATO members... There is also a lot of information in your countries that cannot be disclosed . Therefore , do not poke your nose into someone else 's business .

Russia helps Ukrainian idlers get out of bed.

bLxzkOA.jpg

It doesn 't bother me in any way . Over the years of Ukraine's "independence", another generation of people has grown up there. There are many idlers among them , and many fans of freebies . Many of them believe that the whole world owes them something. I don 't care how representatives of this generation of Ukrainians will treat me . All these idlers poured into Europe and other countries . You will soon experience for yourself who they are . Don 't expect them to boost the economy and industry of your countries . They will demand refugee status and will seek various benefits for themselves . And nothing else . That is why Ukrainians wanted to join the European Union so much ...... I have no illusions. In Russia , there is even a VERY old saying about the mentality of Ukrainians ( this saying is many decades old ) . I will not quote it here - some of you may feel bad from what you have heard .

Thanks for responding.

I was wondering if I could appeal to any latent humanity inside you, but from that reply, it seems to be absent.

I’ve been struck throughout by the cultural parallels with the UK and some of this could be lifted straight from a Brexit safari vox pop. I wonder does Russia also have media pundits who can be counted on to say This! This is the authentic voice of the people! We liberals are such metropolitan scum!

just a small anecdote, not sure if it means much but at the weekend my colleage hosted a Ukrainian woman and her young son for a couple of days while she was in transit to friends in Spain. The woman has lots of family in Russia, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. who she was close with before the invasion. apparently not a single one of them has contacted her since the war started to see if she is OK. Make of that what you will.
They would be embarrassed to contact her, and would feel double awful if something happened to her, so they don't want to know.

I’ve been struck throughout by the cultural parallels with the UK and some of this could be lifted straight from a Brexit safari vox pop. I wonder does Russia also have media pundits who can be counted on to say This! This is the authentic voice of the people! We liberals are such metropolitan scum!
There’s only one thing worse than metropolitan scum and that’s bone idle drug addicted neo-Nazis. Actually if you look at any Farage tweet or DM comments pages, they’re stuffed with the British equivalents of our sketchy Russian contributer. They love talking about guns, foreigners and immigrants.

You sound like a caricature. What I’ve noticed previously is that individuals who identify with this type of posturing as you’re doing now- me guns, me force, ‘you’ll see’, ‘150% sure’ usually have fragile, not very well developed egos. They have to borrow it from elsewhere.
I’m sure if you’re indulged any more here you’ll just become even more aroused.

Off topic Dec, but that sounds exactly like one individual I came across on a US based 'bike forum - also a claimed ex-military type (though I think he never worked anywhere outside the truck maintenance section). The chap took umbrage at the fact that I didn't subscribe to his views on the wisdom and need for such large-scale public gun ownership in the States. Even offered me the option to come and discuss it with him in person, if I thought I was 'brave enough'. Looking back, based on your last comment, perhaps there might have been more to that invitation than initially met the eye.. :)

On reflection though, another example of how the more extreme nugheads on the far left and right seem to coalesce in their thinking.

When visiting telecoms stations in Russia it always struck me how many women were about.

Apparently the men were in the military.

I didn't complain.

Thanks for responding.

I was wondering if I could appeal to any latent humanity inside you, but from that reply, it seems to be absent.

I suppose it is possible that Colonel Kalishnikov* is really a very nice, caring person, and is only posting these war mongering views to cover his internet tracks and avoid a visit from the current reincarnation of the Cheka.

It is also possible that he just a poor, confused soul who is in the grips of a massive Russian disinformation campaign. His abhorrent views are, therefore, not his fault at all.

Or we can take him at his word that he has access to non-Russian news sources, and is simply choosing to ignore them. Technically speaking, this makes him an ignorant fool.

What's next, Yaxley-Lennon joining the Brexit thread? One way or another, I look forward to CK's 15 minutes of ignominious PFM fame coming to an end soon.

* Full credit to Dec for coming up with this perfect moniker.

Why would Putin bother then. Surely if that is the completely the case he would let them move towards the West and not be a drain on Russia?

If he has access to PFM he has access to the internet at large, wherever he is. Maybe our caricature Russian is Ukrainian, ever think of that?

Yup, I did consider whether or not he was faking his identity. His posting history (and Tony's subsequent comments) suggest he is who he says he is. But you are correct, on the Internet we can never know 100%.

Hell, you claim to be from Ohio. How do we know you aren't really from someplace evil, like say......Michigan? Hmmmmmmm??????? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back