advertisement

Ugly hi-fi

mat, I think you are on to a sure fire winner of the "thread with most pages before a sensible comment" world record with this one :)

mat, in all seriousness, I went through the same dialemma (spl?) as yourself many years ago and hid the lot in a glass fronted cabinet, made by Castle, the recently deceased speaker makers. The audiofools will tell you these sort of cabinets are a sonic disaster, they arnt, or at least they are no worse than a.n. other rack.

Pm1961, I Havnt noticed you posting in the diy room for a long time. What have you been up to?.

3 kids under three and the mother of all extensions which meant taking the roof off a 2 bed bungalow and turning it into a 4 bed house......... whilst living in it with newborns at the same time..........

The only DIY has been to take a very sharp knife to my nuts to make sure there's no more ankle biters......:D

The upside, as I've just posted elsewhere, is that I hope to get the old lounge (20x12) as my very own boys toys room, very very soon. :D :D :D

Projects first on the list will include a headphone amp to improve on my modded Naim effort.

Whisper it quietly, but I've been lured to the Dark Side (AV). I have an old Sony CRT projector to build in to the ceiling and look at integrating the AV into the room without compromising the stereo side of life.

I'm more into vinyl now than ever before......... listening to stuff I would never have dreamed of simply because it's so cheap down the charity shops. A couple of albums for a quid or less... bargain..... even if it's not liked and it's thrown away, I've still had 90 minutes entertainment/education......

Try going to the pictures, or even worse, a premiership match and see what that costs:D Enjoyment definitely NOT guaranteed!

Anyway, I'm rambling.... and it's given me a warm glow to know that somebody noticed I've been quiet.... Thank you!

P.S. Send video links to my PM address..........

Oh go on Matt, she'll never know, and she is quite tasty. You could start with something only slightly saucy and build on it...
As to the hifi, I still think flowery covers are the way to go.

Make some big ears, nose, wobbly eyes, tail, etc. and stick them all to the speakers so you have two giant mice in the living room. Or cats, or anything you like really.

You could use some papier mache to build the kans into a sculpture.
Or alternatively get some fluffy pink material and make covers for them.

take a huge chunk of cash out of the joint bank account without telling her, then take her to the nearest b&O dealers and tell her to take her pick.

when she finds one she likes, pull the huge wad of 20's out of your pocket and tell her that you agree, good liking hifi is more important than food.

that should shut her stupid mouth up...

advertisement

Back