advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Well-deserved equalizer from Slovenia. The Danish backline shows the kind of weakness that marred the World Cup team. I am not impressed.

Every VAR decision analysed:

Note "While the goalkeeper was stepping forward, he had one foot level with the goal line, so it was a legal save." They do not state how they have come to this conclusion. They may have seen goal line angle. I can find no reference that VAR is being used for goalkeepers at penalties.

Every VAR decision analysed:

Note "While the goalkeeper was stepping forward, he had one foot level with the goal line, so it was a legal save." They do not state how they have come to this conclusion. They may have seen goal line angle. I can find no reference that VAR is being used for goalkeepers at penalties.
Do they have a separate camera above the goal line? That's possible or the parallax would be terrible

No Danish repeat of 1992 on the cards. It was a return to the old nervous "illness". I sure hope the English team will play better than this.

3 right backs in the team. Trippier, Walker and the over-rated Arnold. Well done Southgate.

The drivel being spouted on ITV is Arnold being compared to De Bruyne. What a laugh.

I well remember Mitorovic's 40 odd goals in the Championship for Fulham (none against us we did the double on them!) He's a serious handful for defenders who aren't up for a battle!

Of course Shaw would start if fit.
I think Trent can work, especially against lesser teams.
Walker has to sit.
Worried about crosses/set pieces.

I'm happy with the line up, would have liked maybe Eze or Gordon on the left to help balance the team in place of TAA, hopefully TAA will push forward.
Let's get some goals England.

3 right backs in the team. Trippier, Walker and the over-rated Arnold. Well done Southgate.

The drivel being spouted on ITV is Arnold being compared to De Bruyne. What a laugh.
Great to see your return Brian - why not tell us what you really think. Who would you play at left back if not Trippier given the injury to Shaw and Chillwell?

Great to see your return Brian - why not tell us what you really think. Who would you play at left back if not Trippier given the injury to Shaw and Chillwell?
From the squad he selected, from every English LB ( or should that be 'we' picked ) he didn't pick any others. His only other option now would be to go 3 at the back. Not that I'm keen on that but he has limited his choices. Trippier has been poor during large parts of the last season even at RB let alone LB.

Did Gyokeres not get more goals and assist than Kane this season for Sporting? Is he being missed (conveniently) by the BBC because Sweden aren't there? It's a bit disingenuous!

From the squad he selected, from every English LB ( or should that be 'we' picked ) he didn't pick any others. His only other option now would be to go 3 at the back. Not that I'm keen on that but he has limited his choices. Trippier has been poor during large parts of the last season even at RB let alone LB.
Have you been on a politicians course whilst you have been away….give us a name please who you would play on the left side of defence either of a back 4 or back 3. You were complaining about 3 right backs.

Have you been on a politicians course whilst you have been away….give us a name please who you would play on the left side of defence either of a back 4 or back 3. You were complaining about 3 right backs.
Branthwaite in a back three. But Southgate has decided that wouldn't work.

LOL. politicians course….

Well, the main complaint is Arnold. Regarding Trippier. Southgate’s focus group has left no other option than Trippier at LB, so they have to pick him there unless the group decided to go with a 3. Which is what I said, basically.

advertisement

Back