advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

I've not really watched anything much. What's the verdict so far? Waiting to get a view of England first?

Italia 90 is my favourite...

That’s the Euro 92 shirt above. As he mentioned himself in comms yesterday, Scotland’s number 5…

IMG-2158.jpg

No wonder he looks confused if they played him at five.

PS All ex Arsenal co-commentators are superb

Right, there it is, if this doesn't do it then it's not my fault. After that it's half Coventry, half Scotland!

r

We were watching the Spain vs Croatia game last night, music was playing so we didn't have to listen to the commentary and Croatia were awarded a penalty. Saved by the keeper but from the rebounded save to another player who crossed the ball and the original penalty taker slotted home. The goal was disallowed, I believe due to encroachment into the area before the penalty was taken, but my initial reaction was the penalty must be taken again due to the keeper diving forwards, approx 1.5m when making the save, have the rules changed again?
Good luck to England tonight, hoping they go out and score three before half time.
I agree - the penalty should have been taken again - the keeper moved so early the ball hit him in the face despite the ball being hit hard and right into the corner. VAR shit as usual.

I agree - the penalty should have been taken again - the keeper moved so early the ball hit him in the face despite the ball being hit hard and right into the corner. VAR shit as usual.
Position of goalkeeper at penalties is not a VAR decision. The on-field officials did not give it.

Position of goalkeeper at penalties is not a VAR decision. The on-field officials did not give it.
Ok that’s Kool and the Gang but the keeps moved so massively early that the ref should have said no dice mr.espania so let’s retake it. TBH though I couldnt believe the forward just didn’t put the ball in the net when he had an open goal.

Ok that’s Kool and the Gang but the keeps moved so massively early that the ref should have said no dice mr.espania so let’s retake it. TBH though I couldnt believe the forward just didn’t put the ball in the net when he had an open goal.
Are they still supposed to stay on the line too?

No.
"When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, in line with, or behind, the goal line."
The decision is made by the line official and not the ref. Alex N posted a still suggesting the rear foot may have been in line. It was not a great angle however.

advertisement

Back