advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

My plan for England:

-- TAA to be backup for Kyle Walker.
-- Bellingham alongside Rice.
-- Foden as the #10.
-- Saha, Kane, Palmer as the front three.
-- Shearer to be placed in sound proof iron chamber until tournament over.

I also publically apologise to the person who suggested we drop Kane. He really has looked totally lost.

Shearer was a gibbering wreck there, the man needs to go for a pint or sit in a darkened room for a while, he's off his head.

Was he actually crying during that interview?
Have you ever been in a pub watching an England match, gibbering wreck is par for the course.

My plan for England:

-- TAA to be backup for Kyle Walker.
-- Bellingham alongside Rice.
-- Foden as the #10.
-- Saha, Kane, Palmer as the front three.
-- Shearer to be placed in sound proof iron chamber until tournament over.

I also publically apologise to the person who suggested we drop Kane. He really has looked totally lost.
That was me, more than once :)

Shearer says it like a man in his living room screaming at the tv, i love the guy.

I love this game.

Interviewer: "Is that what you told them to do?"
Southgate: "No!" "They kept giving the ball away!"
I know, oh my god, what a calamity.

Bring on Spain vs Italy, watch some real football.

Big shout out to the interviewer, she was in no mood to give them an easy ride.

Shearer says it like a man in his living room screaming at the tv, i love the guy.

Which of course means we could replace him with basically anybody and explains why he is so cringingly terrible as a commentator.

To be clear I don't think we should drop Kane. He's still the best #9 we have and it's hard to think of a functioning England side where he is not playing up front.

Lovely rendition of the Italian national anthem - can their auld craft and know how of Italy beat the youth exuberance of Spain? No matter how bad the England performance - Cucurellas hair is worse.

Which of course means we could replace him with basically anybody and explains why he is so cringingly terrible as a commentator.

To be clear I don't think we should drop Kane. He's still the best #9 we have and it's hard to think of a functioning England side where he is not playing up front.
I would drop him like a stone.

I will only accept part of the blame because he started at Palace but the FA seem to insist that managers have to look presentable in suits and waistcoats must not use rude words such as bum and po.
Too many players taking two or three touches and not enough desire, watching paint dry.

Kane’s not right for this 4-2-3-1 though. He’s always played in a front three, with wide players running beyond him when he comes deep... Musiala, Sané, Son, Sterling, Rashford, etc., and he’s not getting any quicker.

Might see a switch back to 4-3-3 to play to Kane’s strengths, presumably drop Trent who looks lost, and play Rice with maybe Bellingham and Foden ahead of him in a three. Though it’s Southgate, not a top-level manager like myself, and he probably won’t want to change much now.

Oh well. If England don’t top the group, a last-16 game against Germany could be interesting.

I suspect it was a strained dressing room after the game with Kane, Folden, Sakka having been hooked and Bellingham invisible for the 90 mins. This group of players clearly not enjoying their game and the midfield not functioning. Something radical like a change of formation required which is tricky without someone capable of playing left wing back…..

advertisement

Back