advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Nearly broke my rattle. Come on Rishi turn upto the next game and give them a lift. Might improve our chances.

All that England talent which makes this frustrating
A running theme from my 45 years watching England teams packed with talented players. You get used to it.

I'm hoping Cole will not become another of Gareth's nearly men, the guy is super talented but doesn't fall into Gareth's stay safe approach to tournament football. He would probably have had Gazza sitting on the bench.

It was a typical England performance, being full of early promise, followed by panic stations.

Here we go.

It was a very attacking side.

I would have liked to have seen Palmer possibly come on in place of Foden.

You tell me "joker"

It makes me laugh, that unless you have the exact same viewpoint as other on here you get slagged off. Its so childish, why cant someone have their own opinion
Erm, you can have your own opinion, prob is others do not Happens to me also and probably to most other users also. Do you have a local btw that engages in conversation.

Erm, you can have your own opinion, prob is others do not Happens to me also and probably to most other users also. Do you have a local btw that engages in conversation.
You call that conversation, no, its nowhere near that. But you carry on with your mates, who like to deride anyone who has a different viewpoint.
This is football, I understand everyone has their point of view.(except me).Do you see me slagging someone off for that? Never. But Woodface and Slaggons den have issues, that dont allow freedom of speech, unless its their freedom. I'm happy for anyone to disagree, civily with me, but some are just not capable.

You call that conversation, no, its nowhere near that. But you carry on with your mates, who like to deride anyone who has a different viewpoint.
This is football, I understand everyone has their point of view.(except me).Do you see me slagging someone off for that? Never. But Woodface and Slaggons den have issues, that dont allow freedom of speech, unless its their freedom. I'm happy for anyone to disagree, civily with me, but some are just not capable.
I don’t believe I was uncivil.

I’m not aware of having any issues.

My main thought on tonight's game is that the commentary and coverage is *awful*. Shearer in the commentary box is meant to be the expert analyst and "colour man" but he not only lacks colour but he talks *way* too much and his analysis is like listening to a bloke in the pub.

Am also sick of the endless England at major tournaments psychodrama narrative that pervades all the coverage. If Lineker does another "Never easy with England is it?" wink to the camera I will be standing shoulder to shoulder with all those vile people who wanted him sacked for saying children shouldn't drown in the channel or whatever it was.

Shearer made me turn the game off and go and watch "the Duke"...it was a good film, I 'd never seen. Ah thought the ITV coverage was appalling enough on other games. Sadly ...no mention of '66 but in the opening games, both the commentator and the lassie as the "tech expert" were so excruciatingly bad...it became very funny. Coisty was his usual inoffensive self (protecting his next pay cheque) and it only took 6 minutes to remind us how England nearly won the World cup again (twice ) and the Euros (three times).Laugh? my eyes were dry with emotion... 😴...:cool:

Saw the last 12 minutes of the England game, thought Serbia was in white. oh wait, according to Shearer , they were the walkovers. At one instance he said "let's get these out of the way" inferring that England shouldn't have tae play these "underlings". Fabregas tried for balance but gave up early when he was shouted over , repeatedly. It's really, no more than I expected. Ah often go online when England play in tournaments, looking for (and often finding) a balanced approach to commentary. Ah don't mind fervent support, even from England but when it falls into jingoism....ah well....🤔🤒

Ah won't even comment on the unreported thuggery from a crowd of "English" fans before the match...ooops, ah went and did it..A mate of mine (an English fan), at the tournament says that Dutch, Polish and english thugs were openly meeting before games but UEFA has asked for zero publicity on this.

Last edited:
Shearer made me turn the game off and go and watch "the Duke"...it was a good film, I 'd never seen. Ah thought the ITV coverage was appalling enough on other games. Sadly ...no mention of '66 but in the opening games, both the commentator and the lassie as the "tech expert" were so excruciatingly bad...it became very funny. Coisty was his usual inoffensive self (protecting his next pay cheque) and it only took 6 minutes to remind us how England nearly won the World cup again (twice ) and the Euros (three times).Laugh? my eyes were dry with emotion... 😴...:cool:

Saw the last 12 minutes of the England game, thought Serbia was in white. oh wait, according to Shearer , they were the walkovers. At one instance he said "let's get these out of the way" inferring that England shouldn't have tae play these "underlings". Fabregas tried for balance but gave up early when he was shouted over , repeatedly. It's really, no more than I expected. Ah often go online when England play in tournaments, looking for (and often finding) a balanced approach to commentary. Ah don't mind fervent support, even from England but when it falls into jingoism....ah well....🤔🤒

Ah won't even comment on the unreported thuggery from a crowd of "English" fans before the match...ooops, ah went and did it..A mate of mine (an English fan), at the tournament says that Dutch, Polish and english thugs were openly meeting before games but UEFA has asked for zero publicity on this.
I was waiting for you to pop up. 4 o’clock in the morning - insomnia or just another glue all-nighter? I remember your input from the 2022 WC.

How convenient that you missed the first half when England were dominant.

I see Serbia are ahead of Scotland in the FIFA rankings - 33 and 39 respectively but then again Qatar, Wales and even Iran (we beat them 6-1 at the WC eighteen months ago) are ahead of Scotland.

What did you make of them getting their arses handed to them by Germany btw - or were you watching an old film that night too? Maybe Escape to Victory or Titanic.

Last edited:
My main thought on tonight's game is that the commentary and coverage is *awful*. Shearer in the commentary box is meant to be the expert analyst and "colour man" but he not only lacks colour but he talks *way* too much and his analysis is like listening to a bloke in the pub.
It's just cheerleading - drivel in the main

advertisement

Back