advertisement

Trump Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNL are totally screwed! How the hell can you parody Spicer now? "Holocaust Centres"? F***ing astounding!

SNL are totally screwed! How the hell can you parody Spicer now? "Holocaust Centres"? F***ing astounding!

Part of me has some sympathy for Spicer - precisely because he must know that intellectually he's simply not capable of doing what's asked of him - his understanding of the world and its history are as limited as his boss's. And more specifically that I bet his rows with Preibus or the rest of them in terms of credibility (ie "I am making a twat of myself out there") must be completely epic.

But, having been a Government spokes in this country, most of me loathes Spicer for just clearly not being up to the job - even of representing the politics, let alone being a media figurehead for a Government which should speak to those who voted against the administration as well as those who voted for.

He's the best they could get.

There's a huge personnel problem for the administration, in that most people with the brains and experience to do these jobs well aren't applying. They either actually hate Trump, or a least don't want him on their resume. And of the subset that will lower themselves to take a Trump paycheck, they mostly have records of dissing Trump during the campaign, and so won't be hired.

But, having been a Government spokes in this country, most of me loathes Spicer for just clearly not being up to the job - even of representing the politics, let alone being a media figurehead for a Government which should speak to those who voted against the administration as well as those who voted for.

I would think that being articulate and not prone to gaffes would be a minimum requirement for a Press Secretary. Spicer is destined for one of those "You Had One Job..." memes.

Then Spicer apologised for the Hiltler madness. And misspoke by saying says Trump was trying to 'destabilize' the Middle East. http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-trump-trying-to-destabilize-the-middle-east

Hmm. This calls for a triple facepalm.

536px-Triple-facepalm.jpg

"Fake news"

I don't believe Canada exists.

I mean, a lefty liberal multicultural reasonably well off country bordering the USA that has great natural resources but is not part of the USA? And named after a goose?

What are the chances?

Joe P is obviously actually from Parbold.

Stephen

In the Great Venn Diagram of Life, stupidity, ignorance and power occasionally intersect but I've never seen such complete overlap as with this administration.

Joe

Russia is essentially saying it is ready for nuclear war. https://www.rt.com/politics/384499-defense-minister-shoigu-reports-radical/

"Speaking at a session of the Defense Ministry’s collegium, Shoigu also said that 99 percent of all launchers that belong to Russian Strategic Missile Forces were in full combat readiness, with 96 percent ready to conduct actual combat launch at any time."

We can trust Trump to handle the situation (after he's had his chocolate cake). He'll be fine.

I
I mean, a lefty liberal multicultural reasonably well off country bordering the UEA that has great natural resources but is not part of the USA? And named after a goose?

it is NOT a lefty country. the population here has basically the same neo-liberal economic ideology as the population of the USA. we also have very limited freedom of speech (and accompanying hate laws) -- way beneath the american standard on this.

vuk.

some humor, from david brooks:

"I worry that at the current pace the Trump administration is going to run out of failure."

it is NOT a lefty country. the population here has basically the same neo-liberal economic ideology as the population of the USA. we also have very limited freedom of speech (and accompanying hate laws) -- way beneath the american standard on this.

vuk.

Any multicultural country should sacrifice that part of 'freedom of speech' that becomes 'incitement to hate'. In fact all countries should restrict hate based on gender/colour/race/religion.

Vuk,

it is NOT a lefty country. the population here has basically the same neo-liberal economic ideology as the population of the USA. .
We're not left like, say, Denmark or Norway, but saying that Canada is the same as the US economically or politically is simply and demonstrably wrong.

Joe

Vuk,

We're not left like, say, Denmark or Norway, but saying that Canada is the same as the US economically or politically is simply and demonstrably wrong.

Joe

Canada is socially left and economically right. Nordic countries are left on both dimensions. USA is right on both dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back