advertisement

Trump Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewr

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld
^ I aint touching that link with a bargepole

You know, a few years back, when I wanted Anarchists to take control of the government and dismantle it, this wasn't exactly how, or what I had in mind.

Masseuse, Trump appointee who wanted to ‘exterminate’ Muslim ‘maggots’ dropped from Energy Department -- which is *A Good Thing* (Source: Politico)

Jeff Sessions boots out 48 Obama Appointed US Attorneys... all in one go. -- which is normal, but usually phased out over a few years. (Source: Politico)

Under Rex Tillerson, the State Department’s entire senior administrative team just resigned. -- which is really really unusual and possibly the most crippling thing to happen. (Source: WaPo).

Rachel Maddow has been very good on Trump generally and Russian particular (although you do have to put up with her somewhat breathless style)

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

Rachel Maddow has been very good on Trump

given all her gestures, it's hard not to notice that she has bigger hands (definitely much longer fingers) than donalf trump.

in terms of her reporting, i find that has has become very establishment over time, or maybe i have become a lot less establishment. i've noted a few people making this observation lately. she's also making some far-fetched claims/insinuations in that segment (which i actually watched yesterday) -- i suppose we shall see if there is any vindication in the next few weeks/months.

vuk.

trump is not a populist

good article here:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/exposed-donald-trumps-sham-populism

Going back to late-nineteenth-century Germany, many of the most successful authoritarian populists have expanded the social safety net.

Trump, on the other hand, has little to offer ordinary Americans except protectionist rhetoric and anti-immigrant measures. Before moving to gut Obamacare, he at least could have tried to bolster his populist credentials by passing a job-creating infrastructure bill or a middle-class tax cut. Instead, he’s staked his Presidency on a proposal that would hurt many of his supporters, slash Medicaid, undermine the finances of Medicare, and benefit the donor class. That’s not populism: it’s the reverse of it. And it might be a political disaster in the making.

vuk.

Trump is trapped. He either goes with what Congress will give him, which so far is a plan that will cover fewer people and cost more. The base will be enraged (when they figure out that's what they are getting). Or else he does nothing, and the base will be enraged because he said he'd replace the awful (it is awful, right?) Obamacare.

given all her gestures, it's hard not to notice that she has bigger hands (definitely much longer fingers) than donalf trump.

in terms of her reporting, i find that has has become very establishment over time, or maybe i have become a lot less establishment. i've noted a few people making this observation lately. she's also making some far-fetched claims/insinuations in that segment (which i actually watched yesterday) -- i suppose we shall see if there is any vindication in the next few weeks/months.

vuk.

I'd take serious issue with the "far fetched claims part", Rach does her homework and tends to ask the right people, that's called good journalism. If you watch just one of her videos it might seem a bit out there however, I watch her regularly and she has been constructing a whole narrative that not only makes sense, it also fits most of what is known. I'd give her extra brownie points for not actually mentioning the elephant in the room namely, it really does look like Drumpf has been in Putin's back pocket for over a decade and that, the GOP was willing and even complicit in some cases, because of the financial benefits on offer by sucking up to Putin.

in terms of her reporting, i find that has has become very establishment over time, or maybe i have become a lot less establishment. i've noted a few people making this observation lately.

Mostly what people really mean by that is they no longer agree with her. It's just a slightly more polite way of saying "fake news", "mainstream media" or, once you are actually in power, "deep state".

As regards whether she is right or not. I think it's been very clear for some time that Trump is corrupt and and compromised by the Russians and should not be President. The only people who don't see this are the true believer alt-right and the radical left. Even the mainstream Republicans are only pretending they don't know this for short term political reasons.

I repeat again Frum's point: there are plenty of secrets here but no real mystery and we are very much at the if it walks like a duck and quacks then... stage.

Mostly what people really mean by that is they no longer agree with her.

i can't speak for others, but i am not saying that i don't agree with her. what i am saying is that i've grown disappointed with her focus and her failure to delve into more systemic problems: she continues to analyze mainly at the the political layer. there is rarely any contemplation of society or underlying flaws. she is a very intelligent woman and, i suspect, in a different news organization, would have a lot more to say that's interesting to me.

to contrast with her approach, here is a fairly recent segment by her fellow journalist, chris hedges:

if that's too radical for you, how about bill moyers interviewing that blogger guy who keeps stealing your ideas:

vuk.

Last edited by a moderator:
trump reaction on twitter:

"SNL now going after my dauhgter. Not fair! Not funny."

"Scarlett Johansson. Totally over-rataed. Only wishes she was as hot as Ivanka."

vuk.

Is the CIA going after Trump by hacking his Twitter account and portraying a caricature of the golden fleeced lunatic himself?

58c2fd1a1d000037037cdc10.png

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-poster-halt-action-group-art_us_58c2fcd4e4b054a0ea6a8d94

and Meet the Art World Activists Responsible for These Viral Trump Sexual Assault Posters

There is no scenario except his own dementia and death where Donald Trump gets away without being reminded of his sexual assault...

There is no scenario except his own dementia and death where Donald Trump gets away with being reminded of his sexual assault...

i thought -- and i imagine we all thought, including the GOP -- that it was all over for him when that video came out. it really does boggle the mind, in particular getting anything above 20% of the female vote.

vuk.

i thought -- and i imagine we all thought, including the GOP -- that it was all over for him when that video came out. it really does boggle the mind, in particular getting anything above 20% of the female vote.

vuk.

Trump appeals as an authoritarian leader to authoritarian personalities. Such people are fine with the big guy acting by 'caveman rules.' There's his 30% base.

He picked up another almost-20% mostly because Obama and Hillary are so hated in the heartland, and other we-want-our-country-back sentiment.

Apologies to cavemen for the above....

^^^ I thought the Microwave claim captured the essence of kellyanne Conway perfectly.
I still can't fathom quite how Conway got to be a senior advisor to Trump given she hardly meets any of his qualifying criteria, except for being completely daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back