advertisement

Trump Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bit the big one. What goes around comes around...looking more like the Court of Henry VIII every day that passes.

You have to give Trump credit: sacking Comey for the way he handled the investigation into Clinton's email server takes trolling to an entirely new level.

This is within Trumps legal power, but under the circumstances it is none-the-less a serious blow to the rule of law here. With no public gag order, I hate to think how they plan to keep Comey quiet.

Trump was always disgraceful, and he just took a giant step toward blatantly illegitimate. This is where the mask starts coming off.

Bet Comey wishes he hadn't reopened the investigation into Hillary's emails so close to the election.

Joe

I find Trump's signature fascinating. It looks like he applies constant pressure to the pen (it looks like he signs using a marker pen!), and the regularity of the strokes, makes me wonder if he can actually write. It looks like a learned/memorised act - a more sophisticated version of an 'X'. There are frequent suggestions he can't read, or at least, doesn't read very well, so this would fit.

Trump's 'Archibald Cox' moment. The Democrats will hopefully not just leave the rest to a couple of journalists this time.

Comey the hour ......

Trump should give himself a medal for that decision, its what Kim Jong Un would do.

Actually Kim Jong Un would have sent such a letter but "terminated" would have had a subtly different meaning. Comey would have been staring down the barrel of an anti-aircraft gun.

(I thought about adding this to a more direct 2013 Chelsea Manning thread but I think people have moved on since then, I sure hope so judging by some of the comments)

Chelsea Manning envisions life after prison. [Guardian]

I am expecting Trump to try and rescind Obama's commutation of Chelsea Manning's sentence and upcoming release. Trump seems obsessed with undoing every single thing Obama has done, not because of any specific failing in the system or even ideology but simply because... well, because "Obama"... He has already spoken against Manning's release, probably feels he has the power to rescind the decisions. Most lawyers (military and constitutional) say such an action would be "unthinkable" and "bizarro territory" and these are places Trump likes to go.

Chelsea said: “For the first time, I can see a future for myself as Chelsea,” she said. “I can imagine surviving and living as the person who I am and can finally be in the outside world.”

And I wish her well, but statements like this, with Trump, are just the sort of thing he will use to troll a nation with -- with whatever needs distracting from in a week's time. I am not a gambling person but I am willing to put money on an arrest warrant already drafted and ready for future deployment. The endgame may not even be successful reincarceration but disraction.

Trump's 'Archibald Cox' moment. The Democrats will hopefully not just leave the rest to a couple of journalists this time.

Comey the hour ......

What I haven't heard said clearly enough: Trump has with this action removed all doubt (except for the followers whose brains are disabled). He is dirty on Russia, from top to toe. You don't cover up nothing.

Just a matter now of lining up the direct evidence. It will happen.

What I haven't heard said clearly enough: Trump has with this action removed all doubt (except for the followers whose brains are disabled). He is dirty on Russia, from top to toe. You don't cover up nothing.

Just a matter now of lining up the direct evidence. It will happen.

I have no faith in the American people to discern truth from 'alternate facts'.

Until maybe, the truth has them on their knees, hitting them around the ears like a wet fish.

I have no faith in the American people to discern truth from 'alternate facts'.

Until maybe, the truth has them on their knees, hitting them around the ears like a wet fish.

There are 30% (hopefully not many more) who are bonded authoritarian followers, and will support Trump until he surrenders or dies. We will see if enough of the balance will be able to create enough political pressure to sustain an investigation and impeachment.

There are 30% (hopefully not many more) who are bonded authoritarian followers, and will support Trump until he surrenders or dies. We will see if enough of the balance will be able to create enough political pressure to sustain an investigation and impeachment.

Isn't one problem likely to be that most of these have lots of guns?

Isn't one problem likely to be that most of these have lots of guns?

Potentially. It is fortunate that Trump does not have an overt organized paramilitary behind him. It is unfortunate that the 'all volunteer' army may have a too-large concentration of authoritarian-types in it, instead of being a cross-section of the population. A disorganized armed rebellion could still succeed, if not opposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back